SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  Indy Truck ID Help
Page 25 of 31    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Indy Truck ID Help

vapors
Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:45 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
STAGE 6

Stage 6 has a couple small changes, one of which is a reduction of metal in the hanger, but that's almost unnoticeable. Only Stage 6 example I have is this red anodized, but they're the same as the raw version. Rear view.

Again, not to much noticeable difference from this angle, either...

Side view.

Here's where you can see the change - there is no cut-out by the pivot and the area where the wings meet the axle area is smoothed over.

Again, here is the stage 5 version for comparison...

Last edited by vapors on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
motorpsycho67
Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:55 pm Reply with quote
I've never seen an anodized Stage 6 before..

Last edited by motorpsycho67 on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
vapors
Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:55 pm Reply with quote
STAGE 7

Stage 7 - supposedly there is the 'beefed up pivot housing area' but its hard to notice. The biggest thing about stage 7 is the 6 hole mounting pattern, which is cool because you can set up both the old and new mount style decks. It would be cool if this was still the case today, but I digress...

Frontal...

Here's a good look at that 6 hole pattern...

The pivot is 'beefed up', but this is how a stage 5 through stage 7 pivot looks, for the most part. It will change a little in stage 8.

Last edited by vapors on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
vapors
Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:03 pm Reply with quote
STAGE 8

So, stage 8 continues with the 6 hole mount pattern, but it ends with this stage. Also as an added bonus, the Indy Cross is stamped in the base plate where the pivot intersects the housing.

Front view...

Again, the 6 hole pattern.

So here is another noticeable difference between stage 7 and stage 8... the pivot is more smoothed over from where the wing joins it.

And here's that stage 7 close-up for the comparison...

Ahh, yes... Also, stage 7 and 8 base plates are stamped USA instead of U.S.A.

Last edited by vapors on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
vapors
Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Pffttt.. All my stage 9's are ground down to the axles.... WAH WAHHH
vapors
Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:48 pm Reply with quote
STAGE 9

Please excuse my crappy stage 9 trucks... but they deserved it! Broke many a stage 9 base plate because of that damn reduced metal gimmick!
Found one of my front trucks that wasn't ground down all the way, so here goes - shouldn't interfere with the description, me thinks...

Stage 9 - introduction of the new school 4 hole mounting pattern.

Front...

Side view... you can see where the metal going towards the pinch just drops off where the metal was reduced.

So here's the new and improved stage 9 base plate. You can literally see through the area around the pinch. I'm sure a lot of skaters broke base plates right there. So that's pretty much why this feature only lasted during stage 9.

Although they kept the iron cross stamp, which is nice, and the USA stamp gets turned 90 degrees so it will fit on the bottom. You will also notice that the kingpin well was widened and the old hex-style kingpin is gone and replaced with the button-head kingpin. Light as F*$& but in my opinion rather weak if you were hard on your trucks. Ha! Hard on.

They also introduced the 'Low' truck, which I believe had even more reduced metal and a shorter kingpin. There is the noticeable difference here of the metal that goes around the axle on the rear of the hanger.

Frontal...

And most noticeable difference between the regular and low version, from the side view. There's a lot more metal taken away in the hollow zone of the wings.

Last edited by vapors on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
slob-air
Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63461 Location: S&B HQ
vapors wrote:
STAGE 8
So, stage 8 continues with the 6 hole mount pattern, but it ends with this stage.

The 6-hole pattern ended shortly into Stage 8. You're lucky to have one.

vapors wrote:

The pivot is 'beefed up', but this is how a stage 5 through stage 7 pivot looks, for the most part. It will change a little in stage 8.

There were a number of changes between 5 and 8 including the pivots. While similar at first glance, there is some significant changes that went on from stage to stage and within those stages—geometry changes as well.

Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 10:56 pm Reply with quote
Most definitely! Do you use just a plain ruler to measure the geometry changes or a vernier caliper or micrometer?

I figure when there is only a picture available on a forum or on the bay, that these more basic visual cues might help anyone in general to discern between the different stages. May come in handy especially if someone were planning on making a possible purchase...
vapors
Posted: Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:36 pm Reply with quote
STAGE 10

Just going with the plain raw stage 10 as it's the only one of the many varieties that I have right now. If you're looking for something special, try the NHS Independent page here:
http://www.nhsfunfactory.com/brands/independent/

Here goes...

Rear...

Front...I think they go back to the barrel busing on the bottom again...

Side...

Bottom... The metal around the pinch gets filled back in, which is most likely a good thing.

And since the 215 change got mentioned, I'll post the difference as well...

Here's a stage 10 215...

Compared to a stage 4 215...

And you can see the area around the kingpin is different. The stage 4 has a different bushing well than the stage 10's more oval look...

Anybody else?? I'm over it!

Last edited by vapors on Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Clownbaby
Posted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:01 am Reply with quote
hmmmmnn, I thought stage 8 were all 6 hole. I have some stuff, but a little alcohol soaked presently.

Nice job Vapors

Page 25 of 31    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 29, 30, 31  Next