SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  B.O.N.O.S.A.  »  Why is it........?
Page 1 of 7    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Why is it........?

madcow
Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 10:00 pm Reply with quote
When you tell your chick that you will stop spending money on decks for a couple of months so you can fix up the house a little bit.... Oh wait there's a f'n Mike Smith, and Tim at SpyHill starts unloading some cool shit. But hey.. the house looks great. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG. Anyone else have this STUPID sense of responsibility. You have the money, but that bedroom set looks good. I guess it's time to get a second job, maybe Jack in Box needs a fry cook.
www.spyhillskates.com
Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 10:08 pm Reply with quote
I apologize for unloading at an inoportune moment. It took me by surprise, but I had to pay for that first Powell Hawk without putting the mortgage in jeopardy!

Maybe we can cut a deal on my Mike Smith when you're back in the game.
curbdog
Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 10:11 pm Reply with quote
Holy Shit!! I am NOT alone!! I was actually going to suggest starting another forum where guys could talk about their love of buying decks and their wives/girlfriends profound hatred of such. Madcow, I know what you're talking about my brother. My wife has been on my ass to stop buying decks for months now. I have backed off a little. She wants me to save money to stain the deck in the Spring, and get the outside of the house painted in the Summer. When I do buy decks, I sometimes have them shipped to work! LOL Like you said, just when you want to back off collecting, up pops that gem that you've dreamed about for months!!

[ This Message was edited by: curbdog on 2002-03-11 22:12 ]
big.kahuna.burger
Posted: Mon Mar 11, 2002 11:06 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 19 Jan 2002 Posts: 15613 Location: Melbs dude... Melbs
i hear that totally. my wife gets so dark, that ALL my decks get shipped to work. and then i sneak em home when shes not around...

she asks where all my money goes. so i jut say beer. but at the rate im spending on decks, i'd have to be drinking about a slab a day to cover the amount i spend on decks and my actual beer consumption. doh.

a home is a major drain on resources. unblievable. were rennovating at the moment, and youd be amazed what lumber/paint/cement costs when you ahve to buy a lot of it... hmmmm. not good. not good at all...
Hammerhead
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 12:14 am Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Oct 2001 Posts: 6889 Location: Occupying Aztlan since 1963
Yeh, Tim!!!

Hmmmmm....always seems to unload the hot boards when Im out of cash....mere 'coincidence' or diabolically planned?

madcow
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 12:14 am Reply with quote
I will definantly get back with you in time, tim.

The bitch of the whole thing is the house itself is in good shape, it's all the shit she-sorry- WE want to put in it. Our deal was I get one room MY ROOM upstairs loft to do anything I want. I've got all my toys Music gear, decks, surround sound the whole nine yards. So she has the rest of it, to a degree, I have veto power if it get to froofy. But in the last few months I have spent too much on toys. I felt guilty and told her that the next couple of months would be to get the house in shape. I try to be a man of my word. Especially with her because she puts up with all of my immature bullshit. I guess I painted myself into a corner on this one though. I think... wait ... ya I'm addicted.
Hammerhead
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 12:15 am Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Oct 2001 Posts: 6889 Location: Occupying Aztlan since 1963
And dont EVEN get me started on Steve at Vintage.

Man, that boy has had me and the family eating soup and sandwiches for more weeks than I care to tell!
VintageSkates
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 1:45 am Reply with quote
Hey Hammer, sorry about the family... if it helps at all, I just had to sell my Big Boys to Alvin. All the wife wants to do is go on vacation... yeesh. Oh well, as long as she picks surf spots I really don't have much to complain about...

She IS starting to look at furniture now, though... my poor Black Flag is in jeopardy!!! (just kiddin'... I think...)
omisos
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 1:50 am Reply with quote
the key to getting away with it is this:
"sweetie i got this deck for way, way less than it's worth. i saw it on ebay for 5 times what i paid for it...it's an investment for our future"...hehe
curbdog
Posted: Tue Mar 12, 2002 6:30 am Reply with quote
LOL!!! Ah Man, Have I used that one about a hundred times.....

Page 1 of 7    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next