SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  snowboard
Page 3 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

snowboard

patsplat80
Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:09 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
im 5'10" 150-160 lbs. I have boots, size 9.5

Not really into park, more interested in cruising, but that could change later.
I primarily will be going to Stowe, Mt. Snow, VT areas...
Upland_Yo
Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:12 pm Reply with quote
http://cgi.ebay.com/SALOMON-FORECAST-...rkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/Salomon-Scout-Sno...rkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50
scs
Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:11 pm Reply with quote
I dig this one, hell of a board for somebody just begining. guess I am kind of brand biased though as for some reason I always go back to lib's, last switch up I got a top of the line santa cruz and snapped the tail second day riding, POS.. lost around $600 on that deal, back to libs till I can't ride anymore..

http://cgi.ebay.com/LIB-TECH-JAMIE-LY...93%3A1%7C294%3A50

I don't know squat about solomon, but I really don't keep up with whats going on in the snowboard world either, got my set-up and ride when I can could care less about the other stuff, do know they make nice skis so one would assume they make nice boards as well.
Upland_Yo
Posted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 9:24 pm Reply with quote
hard to say anything bad about lib, they make nice stuff.

I am a little biased on the Salomon stuff but it really is the best stuff I have ever ridden....and I get smokin deals on it. I wouldn't ride it if it wasn't super good....I would rather pay retail for a good board then settle for something mediocre because I got a a deal on it. I do have 3 of them currently and I have had many in the past. They are fast, snappy, very durable, very very light. They do it all with steez....IMO.

There are so many great boards out there, you just gotta go with something you likey. I had a Ride Timeless 165 that was such a great board. Fast, floaty and you could huck a 540/720 on it like a small board. I would still have it if I hadn't smacked it on a log and bent the rail. That board was really fast and just ate up the chop. I think I rode it for 4 seasons because it never gave up. I gave it to one of my employees and he thinks it's the best thing ever....7 years old now.

K2, Ride, Lib, Salomon....and countless others

Stay away from lamar, and super cheap deals.
Count Ratula
Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 2:26 am Reply with quote
Upland_Yo wrote:

I am a little biased on the Salomon stuff but it really is the best stuff I have ever ridden....and I get smokin deals on it. I wouldn't ride it if it wasn't super good....I would rather pay retail for a good board then settle for something mediocre because I got a a deal on it. I do have 3 of them currently and I have had many in the past. They are fast, snappy, very durable, very very light. They do it all with steez....IMO.

There are so many great boards out there, you just gotta go with something you likey. I had a Ride Timeless 165 that was such a great board. Fast, floaty and you could huck a 540/720 on it like a small board. I would still have it if I hadn't smacked it on a log and bent the rail. That board was really fast and just ate up the chop. I think I rode it for 4 seasons because it never gave up. I gave it to one of my employees and he thinks it's the best thing ever....7 years old now.

Salomon is sub-par.
Seriously....when is the last time you set foot on a brand new snowboard, as in the best snowboarding has to offer?
Start reading some reviews.
Apart from everything else, the Lib Tech Skate Bananas are SAFER!

Yes! SAFER! You are less likely to catch an edge and scorpion out on a Skate Banana than any other board on the market.

Oh....and yeah, they are good for every type of snowboarding...

....hence the nickname: "quiver killer".

Everything you do on a snowboard is going to be easier, funner, and safer on the Skate Banana.

There is a reason that each one of them has a sticker that says:
"limit one per customer"...they are the best snowboards on earth.
Period.

Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:02 pm Reply with quote
and should I still be searching for 154...?
Upland_Yo
Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 3:49 pm Reply with quote
Count Ratula wrote:
Upland_Yo wrote:

Salomon is sub-par.
Seriously....when is the last time you set foot on a brand new snowboard, as in the best snowboarding has to offer?
Start reading some reviews.
Apart from everything else, the Lib Tech Skate Bananas are SAFER!

Yes! SAFER! You are less likely to catch an edge and scorpion out on a Skate Banana than any other board on the market.

Oh....and yeah, they are good for every type of snowboarding...

....hence the nickname: "quiver killer".

Everything you do on a snowboard is going to be easier, funner, and safer on the Skate Banana.

There is a reason that each one of them has a sticker that says:
"limit one per customer"...they are the best snowboards on earth.
Period.

Well let me run out and get my allotted "one skate banana"

Seriously, that is some funny shit right there.

patsplat80 wrote:
and should I still be searching for 154...?

I think you'd do ok on something that is 153-163 as an all around board. The shorter end of that spectrum is going to sink in deep powder but it won't be that bad. We are about the same size and weight and I always go 158/159 for my every day board but I have used everything from 139-166 in all conditions and terrain and they all seem to make it to the bottom of the mountain.

Last edited by Upland_Yo on Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rando
Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Its all personal preferance I suppose. You like Solomon. The Count likes Libs. Personally I like the boards Ive had from Palmer. When the snow is super deep the Nitro 196 swallowtail comes out,and that thing rules. I like having different size boards.
Upland_Yo
Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:05 pm Reply with quote
Palmer makes really nice boards, ridden a couple and always amazed how fast and stable they are...even though they're not as safe as a skate banana.
Rando
Posted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 4:12 pm Reply with quote
I was seriously thinking of trying one out,but I like living on the edge. Ha Ha thats funny shit right there. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Page 3 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next