SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  snowboard
Page 1 of 5    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

snowboard

patsplat80
Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:10 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Hey guys,
first posting in the snowboard section!
Trying to buy my first board_really looking for a versatile board, I found a couple on craig's list here in NY_What do you guys think of this board, is it worth the money?

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/spo/964826722.html
thanks for ANY input!
pat
scs
Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:25 pm Reply with quote
IMO.. NO burton f#cking sucks now. Their boards are mass produced pieces of s#it. Though you are just beginning and the board would probally be good for that, eventually you'll want something that isnt a floppy delaming shitty made pile of crap

For $300 you could probally pick up a last year or the year before (mabe even this year) lib tech or something along the same lines quality wise on ebay and that is 1000x better then any burton, burton makes great gear/bindings but their boards are ALL hype.

If you'd like some help finding a decent board for a decent price on ebay PM me and I'll hunt around for you and send you the links.
patsplat80
Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:27 pm Reply with quote
pm sent!
Upland_Yo
Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 6:32 am Reply with quote
Anything Salomon is good stuff. The ERA series is nice and if you have big feet, the Patrol is real fun.

When buying used, check the base for oxidation. White flaky/ashy look to the base rather than a normal clear or solid black. Burton bindings are great but make sure they are Mission or better. I actually like the mission bindings better than my other, higher end Burton bindings. East coast, I would think you want a board that is on the medium to stiff side. K2 always makes a nice board as well. Ride and Lib Tech are good to go....not super stoked on GNU.

I have the Special in a 159 and it's a killer ride. I don't know how tall you are but this would be a nice all around board....it's on the stiffer end of things but it's soft enough to jib around on. The base is about as good as they get and I can't say enough about how it handles.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Salomon-Speci...rkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A0|293%3A1|294%3A50

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Salomon-Speci...rkparms=72%3A1205|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318|301%3A1|293%3A1|294%3A50
Rando
Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:35 pm Reply with quote
Do you have a local shop that you can demo stuff from? Try that route before buying anything if possible. Buying a board, and then finding out it is junk is the worst. Sierra snowboards.com has good deals on last years shit
Count Ratula
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:24 am Reply with quote
patsplat80 wrote:
Hey guys,
first posting in the snowboard section!
Trying to buy my first board_really looking for a versatile board, I found a couple on craig's list here in NY_What do you guys think of this board, is it worth the money?

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/spo/964826722.html
thanks for ANY input!
pat

There are many reasons that Lib Tech's Skate Banana is one of the most sought-after snowboards, but a couple of them come to mind in reference to your post.

Here they are: The Skate Banana is the most intuitive snowboard out there. I don't know if you've been on a snowboard before, but if you never have, this board will make it super easy to learn.
Also, the reason "Skate" is in the name, is because of how it handles.....like a skateboard........so, since you are going from a skateboard to a snowboard, there is a high probability that this will be the one for you.

Oh, and about the fact that this is an easier, more controllable snowboard: you will be able to ride longer without getting as tired as you would with any of the other snowboards on the market.

Not only more fun......but WAY more fun!

Lastly, (as was mentioned about getting a chance to demo some snowboards) that is good advice!

Demo a Skate Banana, and you'll see what I'm sayin'.
Rad for any skill level!

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Lib is very cool, but seriously you never see a guy riding a Sk8 banana on all moutain,, ..not the best versatile board
and Btx for begimer , not a good choice for me if you want a day to be capable to ride all classical board.
now if you want a absolutely a lib btx , take a lynn promodel ....more near the burton custom program.

for salomon and other ski cie, just think you are a skater ..do you want collec or ride roller-line cie??
Upland_Yo
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quote
spare us if you would:-?

Only non-ski companies produce good snowboards?

Being secure in my snowboardality, i'll stick with the Salomon stuff.
gimlifish
Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:45 pm Reply with quote
frenchie michel wrote:
Lib is very cool, but seriously you never see a guy riding a Sk8 banana on all moutain,, ..not the best versatile board
and Btx for begimer , not a good choice for me if you want a day to be capable to ride all classical board.
now if you want a absolutely a lib btx , take a lynn promodel ....more near the burton custom program.

for salomon and other ski cie, just think you are a skater ..do you want collec or ride roller-line cie??

I ride a Sk8 banana on all moutain in the Canadian Rockies.
I would say it is an extremely versatile board and I'd say the demand for them would support that.

Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:51 pm Reply with quote
thank guys for the reponses..Im still just looking and looking. There's so many damn choices and I want a sick board, but honestly I need something just to get me through this season.

I rode 2 seasons ago. and picked it up pretty easily. Just stoked to get better.

So I dont know, Ive been looking and getting awesome advice_just still dont know.

Page 1 of 5    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next