SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HARDCORE PUNK & SKATE ROCK  »  PUNK ROCK SKATEBOARDS, released!!!!
Page 3 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PUNK ROCK SKATEBOARDS, released!!!!

www.spyhillskates.com
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:09 pm Reply with quote
Not sure why it posted anonymously. Disregard the previous post.

I don't think you guys are hurting anyone, and I'm sure you are appreciated by the bands/skaters you support. Anyone willing to go out on their own and create something new gets my respect. The market will decide what wins and loses. I was just throwing an alternative viewpoint out there more than anything else. Peace.
Team Goon
Posted: Mon Jul 21, 2003 5:57 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Sep 2002 Posts: 150 Location: Southern California
SpyHill - you had my respect from the start because you spoke your mind, presented your point of view in an intelligent manner.

Keep skating - that is our only fountain of youth.
oldschoolkyle
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 3:12 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 01 Apr 2002 Posts: 6278 Location: St. Petersburg, FL
http://www.punkrockskateboards.com
realcheapskates
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2003 2:45 am Reply with quote
alot of interesting points being made in this discussion...on both sides

and I can agree with both sides as well on various points

coming from my perspective as a 25 year old kid who mainly listens to and plays "punk"...yeah I got shit growing up, I think I caught the tailend of that...definatly not as much shit as the guys before me, and definatly alot more shit than the kids growing up today

Yeah I had a mohawk, until I realized that I only really had it for fashion.
Yeah I played drums in numerous bands...Agression, Oppressed Logic, the list go's on and on.

From my perspective punks still alive...but the scene is dead. The attitude is still there...you just have to look hard to find it. Sure shows rarely get shut down anymore, cops dont beat down the kids, kids dont go off as much anymore, and I never get shit on the street anymore.

But theres still bands tearing it up on stage and theres still kids who are die hard going to shows...to me its about the music.

Sure, I dont slam much anymore..I rarely get fall down drunk after shows, and I wear full pads when I skate.

Times change, but I still get that feeling down the back of my spine when I listen to the Bad Brains, MDC, or when I see a unknown band tear it up on stage.

Im not sure if I made any points in this post, just expressing how I feel.
COOLSTUFF
Posted: Sat Aug 23, 2003 11:00 am Reply with quote
Joined: 04 Jul 2003 Posts: 9728 Location: ORANGE CITY, FLORIDA
DAMN, I'M STILL WATCHING OLD REPEATS OF THE QUINCY M.E. T.V. SHOW. THAT EPISODE WITH THE "PUNK ROCKERS" SLAMDANCING REALLY WAS COOL. BUT THEN AGAIN IT WAS WAY BEFORE "MOST" OF YOU SKULL/BONES KIDDIES WERE EVEN BORN. I FEEL SO OLD BUT YET SKATE SO YOUNG. MY CASKET "WIILL" HAVE INDY 215'S AND ALVA CONICALS MOUNTED ON THE BOTTOM SO I CAN ROLL INTO THE GRAVE !!!!!!!!!!!!
Team Goon
Posted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 11:17 pm Reply with quote
Cool-
Do you remember the episode of CHiP's when Ponch and Jon went after the Punks. In true Hollywood fake tradition...recall the band that the they were in and the lyrics that went "I did pain, the fellings in my brain". The show was filled with mostly early LA Punk scene sterotype propaghanda.

Even better was the skateboard episode when the dork Robbie Risk got rad at a skatepark - which I think was Oasis. Ohh and of course Ponch and Jon were instantly rad skaters too. They were event the rug tearing disco dancers in another episode. Shows back then really reflected the trends.
david
Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 10:06 pm Reply with quote
Lot's of good points. I happen to support the Agression board and the remeberence of a great band. A personal friend of mine happened to be the guitarist of that band and has been gone from us 1 yr tomorrow. Very sad day. But I do know he'd be stoked about the boards. Henry was definately no Poser/poseur however it is spelled.. anyways he ripped and roared until a few weeks before he passed. Yes, playing some same songs as the early 80's and then a few knew songs. And plenty in the making. The pool boards are great. And I'd rather skate one with a Dr Know or DI on it than one of a 1000 kids with a board I've never heard of that can do a 540 Mc Judo flip sprint and a duck tail grabalonney tailslide grind and all backwards. shit!
Team Goon
Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:08 pm Reply with quote
David, yes my heart is heavy too knowing that Henry is not with us. Henry was a great friend to Team Goon and loved what we represented with preseving true Punk rock and keeping the pool skating and vert vibe alive.

We just wish that Henry was here to see what he set in motion with us over a year ago. His daughter is set up to get the royalties from the board.
david
Posted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 11:54 pm Reply with quote
yes, I know yu guys take care of his family and all. at least there are some honest people around within the Team Goon.
Dave
oldschoolkyle
Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 1:10 am Reply with quote
Joined: 01 Apr 2002 Posts: 6278 Location: St. Petersburg, FL
well said david....

See me in the new Webb Trucks ad in Juice magazine soon... sporting the Pubk Rock Wood!

even mention that I am riding the Punk Rock Skates deck in the ad! yahoo!!!

Page 3 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next