SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HARDCORE PUNK & SKATE ROCK  »  PUNK ROCK SKATEBOARDS, released!!!!
Page 1 of 4    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

PUNK ROCK SKATEBOARDS, released!!!!

oldschoolkyle
Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2003 8:44 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 01 Apr 2002 Posts: 6278 Location: St. Petersburg, FL
http://www.punkrockskateboards.com

All decks officially licensed! Many more bands to come! check it!!!

newschool and also a 9.25 pool deck for us oldschoolers!!!
ActionNow80
Posted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 7:45 pm Reply with quote
Yes that's right, punk is dead,

It's just another cheap product for the consumers head,

Bubblegum rock on popsicle skateboards,

Schoolboy sedition for the clueless hordes,

Your website promotes the Clash,
but it ain't for revolution, it's just for cash,

Punk became a fashion just like hippy used to be,

It's been dead so long just leave it be.

PUNK IS DEAD.

~Tuff Darts
Team Goon
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 12:29 am Reply with quote
Joined: 27 Sep 2002 Posts: 150 Location: Southern California
Hey ActionNow80,

Did you want to name the pool-place-time that you want to play skate with two 12 year olds? You are probably the raddest skater and should be able to show them to be posers pretty fast.

The only thing we ask is that we can video tape the game of skate so that we can have video of the two 12 years olds getting shown up by you.

Here is our "REAL" address and phone number so that you can contact us to set it up.
2931 Central #D
Santa Ana, CA
866-892-6824

How about your "REAL" address and number?

Ohh...and all your "good" friends at Vinyl Solution in HB were the very first to carry our decks...so are they posers too? If Punk is dead then why are they still in business?

Why talk smack when you can have the chance to smoke two 12 year olds at a game of skate at the pool of your choice.
old_timer
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Daaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmn!!!!
ActionNow80
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 2:46 pm Reply with quote
It's spelled poseur not poser.

Don't get mad at me, those are CRASS lyrics embelleshed by yours truly (mostly as a gag). I think you took it a bit too seriously. No real offense intended.

Vinyl carries the boards TO MAKE MONEY off of people who buy "Punk Rock" anything. Trust me, they feel the same way I do. The only poseur there is Darren (he'll cop to it).

My address is:

C.N.
1714 Placentia
Costa Mesa

Drop by anytime.

I've got no problem with your business other than "punk rock skateboards" is a bit overkill. The term "Punk Rock" has been so overused as a marketing label for the last couple of years it makes me want to puke. By the very nature of your name you're bound to get negative reactions (get used to it).

As far as skating with 12 year olds... no thanks. That's way too "punk rock" for me. I'd rather surf with 9 year olds.

I guess "Punk Rock" skateboards, expensive "punk rock" clothes in fashion malls, and "punk rock" bands with long-hairs is a new reality I'd better get used to.

For a generation of us, punk was dead the day Hank joined Flag.

Good luck with your business and looking forward to "punk rock" griptape with TSOL on it, "punk rock" wheels with anarchy "A"s on them, and trucks with "punk rock" leopard print on them.

~A.N.
Wayward Caines (R.I.P.)
Team Goon
Posted: Thu Jul 17, 2003 11:39 pm Reply with quote
Dude, that is cool that you explain your feelings about the subject, that is totally cool...and is respected....why couldn't we have just started on that note with you expressing your veiw on this rather than with some name calling on a forum? Sure there will be negativity about shit anyone does and we expect that people will hate what we do and that is cool. No one that has skated with our groms have ever said that they were lame or posuers - they will hang strong with anyone run for run no matter their age.

Yet if you knew anything about our scene you would know that it is to keep true punk alive, perhaps what we think of true Punk and your take on it may be a different bend. Here is the point - with all the lame bubblegum stuff that passes itself off as Punk (MTV junk) is it not cool that someone would resist that and go for listening to the Adolescents, GBH, DI, Agression and shit like that....or would you rather we push the MTV agenda so that we can have more Blink skateboards, more Green boards, more Charlotte boards, more Argil boards, more New found boards and on and on.

The other bend to us is that we believe that pool and vert skating rule and want to see more of it around, rather than see it die. A ton of people told us that we should never base our company around pool and vert skating when we started back in 1997, yet we said screw it and still did it anyway.

Yet if you feel that we should pack up shop and hand skateboarding over to the lame forms of music that are controled by Clear Channel - then just say it. Some of us can not relate to the non reality based system approved music that we are told we should listen to.

Sure we could have went with a name like "New lost Charlotte Skateboards" to win the masses, but hell, no one is perfect.

Hello to all the dudes over at Cox Communications - THANKS.

[ This Message was edited by: Team Goon on 2003-07-18 00:46 ]
slob-air
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 12:55 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Quote:

..."punk rock" wheels with anarchy "A"s on them, and trucks with "punk rock" leopard print on them.

Uhm, dude, that was two-years ago.
ActionNow80
Posted: Fri Jul 18, 2003 11:44 pm Reply with quote
@Slob Air...
..."punk rock" wheels with anarchy "A"s on them, and trucks with "punk rock" leopard print on them.

--------------------------------
Uhm, dude, that was two-years ago.

Really? I am out of it.

I guess like a lot of old punkers I feel like we really had to work for and take beatings for being "punk." It was far from cool. As for skateboarding and punk that's just how you got around.

I guess I just had a decade-long negative reaction to "Punk Rock" anything. Like you mentioned, the majority of music is not only dictated by media companies, but now they actually assemble the bands that they give air play to.

I guess I don't like when people say they're punkers when they have no idea that punk was started by bi-sexual men and mostly women. They wouldn't think that was "punk rock." It got to the way it is now because of one night at the Fleetwood.

I guess some kook wearing a Danzig shirt, baggy pants and a baseball hat turned backwards is the new "Punk Rock" and I'd better damned well get used to it.

Another thing is a lot of the bands you feature on your skate line haven't done shit in almost 20 years. Bands like the Skulls and Billy definately deserve it though. It just seems like all the graphics are from the bands everyones heard of. Maybe that's what sells? I don't know.

How about an old pig with a Vicious Circle or The Cheifs, Modern Warfare, or a Gestapo graphic on it. I'd buy that!!!

Good luck with your company and I'll attempt to join everyone in the 2000's.

WPOD,

~AN
Nervous
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 12:13 am Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Feb 2003 Posts: 2841 Location: a room with a view
I agree with both of you about it has become so trendy now, really hurts my heart. Punk isnt dead, its alive in every single one of of that grew up on it... fuck everyone else.

"Punks not dead it just deserves to die..." Jello Biafra
Team Goon
Posted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 11:35 am Reply with quote
@ ActionNow80

See, now we are talking and we are understanding your feelings on this subject....and we agree with you!

Most of us grew up in Fullerton and know what is is like to take lumps for your beliefs. I can recall the days of cruising on a moped through an alley and having cops jack me for being a Punk, or having jocks use us as punching bags, to walking down the street and having bottles thrown at us and other assorted shit thrown at us and when we flipped them off they would stop the car and jack us.

Yes, the kids that are Punks now have it way too easy. They can go to school with a blue hair and the principal thinks they are rad and puts them on the honor roll. Fuck, I had a 3.5gpa in high school at Troy high School in 1984 and was excluded from taking part in the group photo -I guess they thought that alll Punks are to be dumb and just blows their sterotype image of the ASB only crowd with their Izod shirts and preppy topsiders.

Kids today will NEVER know how gnarly it was to go to a place like the VEX where armed cholos would walk the street after you left the show, or how insane the Nest was to be at and fight cowboys on a nightly basis in the parking lot.

ActionNow80 the Punk that we knew back in the day is dead with the rioting after a show, having cops and jocks beat you for who you were and the true adventure and thrill of going to a show and trying to make it home without a ton of bad shit happening in the process...yep those days are gone. It was the reality of all of that, that separated the posuers from the people who were in it for the long haul.

The thrill of hunting down pools, trespass skating and drianing someones pool when they leave on vacation is something that has never changed in 25 years.

Page 1 of 4    Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next