SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  Board and boots suggestions?
Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Board and boots suggestions?

Barnyard
Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:02 am Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Dec 2001 Posts: 595 Location: NorCal, born and raised...
get a Skate Banana 159. For your weight and shoe size, it should be perfect.
Barnyard
Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:02 am Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Dec 2001 Posts: 595 Location: NorCal, born and raised...
personally, I'd stay away from the boa and stick with regular laces.
theGONZfather
Posted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 12:35 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Barnyard wrote:

Been using them for 3 seasons with no problems. Feels broken in from day one as yo can make them as loose or as tight as you want.

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 12:17 pm Reply with quote
I think a 159 might be a bit small for someone six feet two. Do you have a shop you can demo various sizes from? Most of the major companies make wide boards. Dont impulse buy based on graphics. Have a great season!
gimlifish
Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quote
Barnyard wrote:
get a Skate Banana 159. For your weight and shoe size, it should be perfect.

I'd recommend a Lib Tech Skunk Ape 162 BTX. Wicked board for a dude your size.
(Sic art to).

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Barnyard wrote:

I'm scared of that shit to. I used to do some work at a board shop and did see enough come in for repair to scare me off.
I do alot of riding in the backcountry and I only want gear that I can easily fix (carry extra laces, duct tape, extra straps for bindings etc).

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 6:55 pm Reply with quote
gimlifish wrote:
Barnyard wrote:

I'm scared of that shit to. I used to do some work at a board shop and did see enough come in for repair to scare me off.
I do alot of riding in the backcountry and I only want gear that I can easily fix (carry extra laces, duct tape, extra straps for bindings etc).

True, it is a bit of a pain when you gotta fix'em. I've had nothin but good times tho. To each his own.

Posted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:22 pm Reply with quote
I bought some boas from 32 last year. They are sweet. Laces that loosen up after 4 runs is a thing of the past. Quick to adjust, even on the mountain with your gloves on in a blizzard. My heel always lifted up before and these boots took care of that prob. With these a store associate heats the boots and your foot is inserted to mold the fit. The boa technology has been improving dramatically the last few years. The new cables are tough to snap.

I always tell people to get their boots new and get them first. Decks can be rented, tried out at demos, and a used one can be ok too. A good fitting boot improves response, support, keeps you warm etc.

I'm getting a lib tech this year. They are all the rage. I'm riding a k2 zepplin right now that has done me well. I recommend that board any day. With those feet you might want to check out some wide decks though. atomic makes some tough boards too.

This might sound lame but I suggest a helmet for riding too(if you don't have one). Ice has fallen from the cable above the lift and hit my head before. The lift can smack you in the head and most importantly trees and rocks can be very unfriendly.

Check out the views from the top. Enjoy the snow. Ride it hard.

then tell us about it...
elhornet
Posted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Some great advice in here. I definently planned on buying boots first. The board I can get later if I go enough times this season, and I can always rent. It's no problem to take boots away (I have to fly anytime I want to hit the snow), but taking a board becomes a mission.

I had one rental pair with boas last year, they seemed the most comfortable as well.

Thanks for the help. Gives me a bit more idea what to look for and why.
MrCokesNSmokes
Posted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:09 am Reply with quote
Burton Mayhem 165 Wide. Ugly-ass graphics, but a ripping fucking ride. Widest board on the market, or close to it (waist width=268!)

Burton has 12mm elevators available, as well. To clear narrower boards.

Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next