SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Sometimes customers just piss me off...
Page 1 of 1    

Sometimes customers just piss me off...

brianzig
Posted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:46 pm Reply with quote
Jeez, I think I'm in a bad mood today. Everything is getting on my nerves. I'm venting.

Had a lady order a set of wheels over the phone on Sept 4. I give her the total for the wheels and she wants me to price match CCS since wheels on the CCS site are $24.99 (the ones she ordered from us were $31.25 and would be considered a premium wheel) but these were not sold at CCS so I balked. Give her the total with shipping and she says there shouldn't be shipping since CCS has free shipping. I tell her that we require shipping on orders under a certain dollar amount and that I would be willing to work with her on shipping. $4.50 USPS Priority Mail with delivery confirmation. Wheels sent the following day. I get an email last week saying the wheels we sent were the wrong ones (over a month after they arrived). No problem, we apologize, just send them back for a full refund. It's been a month and a half, I figured maybe we did send the wrong one, benefit of the doubt...but they arrive today and it's exactly what she ordered. Top it off, she wants return shipping refunded as well. $10.75! WTF.

Now, I'm all about the customer service. I bend over backwards and forwards every chance I can to go the extra mile. I would have just given a refund and paid return shipping had it been reasonable...but I'm just feeling taken advantage of now.

CCS
Herosk8
Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:31 pm Reply with quote
sorry to hear about that dude, I probably wouldnt have been so nice.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
vaskateboards
Posted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:55 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
fuck that bitch, she is not going to buy from you again anyway.
notus
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:37 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Posts: 90 Location: North Augusta South Carolina
I called too and must have missed the call back!
So check this out this chick calls me and say's she wanted to do something for the shop. I know they will hit me up later for advertising but I let them do a little piece for the local newspaper for free.
Strangely enough one of the other "free" papers in Augusta called this afternoon.
I think I'm in the heat of it now because the other shop had to go out and I'm the last man standing.
So far I have done almost no advertising and relied on word of mouth and skaters to float us along.
Yeah we are in an office park and the front room is like a museum when you walk in but we are selling skateboards no white shirts here!
http://natoday.augusta.com/node/4647

Oh yeah she just got accepted to both of her first choice colleges and has about 38,000 in scholarship funds!

I know shameless plug or proud dad?

Sorry about the hijacking.
brianzig
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:25 pm Reply with quote
notus wrote:
I called too and must have missed the call back!
So check this out this chick calls me and say's she wanted to do something for the shop. I know they will hit me up later for advertising but I let them do a little piece for the local newspaper for free.
Strangely enough one of the other "free" papers in Augusta called this afternoon.
I think I'm in the heat of it now because the other shop had to go out and I'm the last man standing.
So far I have done almost no advertising and relied on word of mouth and skaters to float us along.
Yeah we are in an office park and the front room is like a museum when you walk in but we are selling skateboards no white shirts here!
http://natoday.augusta.com/node/4647

Oh yeah she just got accepted to both of her first choice colleges and has about 38,000 in scholarship funds!

I know shameless plug or proud dad?

Sorry about the hijacking.

Hey Chip! No worries on the hijack. I'm on the couch...been sick for last 4-5 days and haven't been doing much. I think I'm on the tail end of it though. Doc has me on some good meds. Cool deal on that article! I've been trying to get something going in our local paper, but nothing yet. And now a face to go with the voice. LOL. Congrats on your daughter's success! That scholarship money is great!

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm ready for Christmas to start kicking in.

Oh yeah, and the lady...I finally settled that deal...took a beating though...gave her a refund and gave her $4.50 toward return shipping. Even though it wasn't the wrong item, it was all in the name of customer service. I'm too nice.
notus
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:07 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Posts: 90 Location: North Augusta South Carolina
Yeah a really bad pic of me. Everyone here has had some sort of flu that's going around and I have managed to avoid it by washing my hands, yeah whatever.
Shops are taking a beating all over but so far the plan is to stock it up and roll it out while gas is cheap. I've started letting people use our lay away plan and it's only had a few bites but the down payment at least covers some of my cost. To me it's better to have some money coming in than none even if it means sitting on a deck or two, I'm sure they will make more.
And speaking of faces here's a little clip from the range when I was growing a beard! You'll notice the silence after the Notus shoots dig my Board Shop t-shirt!
Haha...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBVjBrvwVdo
brianzig
Posted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 8:34 pm Reply with quote
That video is great! I've never shot one of those, looks fun. Nice beard. LOL I had a small one going myself, but finally shaved it. I just can't rock the beard. My wife had this bug last week and passed it on to me. We both work retail, so it seems unavoidable.

We did layaway last year and had a good response. It worked out well for us. It sucks sitting on the inventory, but just about everyone who took advantage of it bought more than if they had to buy up front. We already have box of stuff on layaway from someone who did it last year. Anything that helps get some cash in the drawer. It's brutal out there right now.

Page 1 of 1