SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Breaking in Norwalk's Mini Under the Lights......
Page 1 of 1    

Breaking in Norwalk's Mini Under the Lights......

Long Board John
Posted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:40 pm Reply with quote
I went down to Norwalk today and rode the mini. It was awesome!!!!

It was nicely positioned right under a light. Kids were skating it after dark when I left. It is metal but the paint is grippy. My Bones SPF's stuck real nice to the ramp. Getting onto the coping is easy. The metal is a real fast surface so pumping up to the coping is super easy. I did three slash grinds with out even trying hard. It was crowded. So I plan to go there some time when it is more empty. I will give the mini a real work out then. I should be able to do a lot of slash grinds.

The mini is four foot high with just the right amount of flat bottum. It is 12 foot wide. A five foot high by eight foot quarter is attached to make the ramp twenty feet wide at one point. The 5 by 8 quarter dumps onto the asphalt and lines up well with the existing street section oposite.

Rampage did an excellent job with what they had to work with. Rich and those guys at Rampage build the best mini ramps I have ever skated. I have skated 10 states now. They built this new mini out of three seperate units. They used the eight foot wide mini that Brian and I found in Bridgeport. They used an existing quarter that was already at Norwalk and combined it with another quarter laying around the shop.

Thanks goes out to Jay and the guys running the Norwalk skate school. They did all of the hard work transporting, disassembly and assembly of various parts. Also to Rich and the Rampage guys for making a great mini from all the pieces. Another Big thanks to Brian Merlin for making phone calls and lining things up. Of course we can't forget to thank the city guys for being so accomidating to us skaters. They make skaters feel like atheletes and participents in a real sport.

Dreams do come True,

Viking John
BillyBonebrake
Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:52 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Skateboarding is not a sport. Its a trendy, lifestyle thing ... and you and I are relegated to the sidelines.

Posted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 3:16 pm Reply with quote
I see skateboarding as a sport and a trendy lifestyle. It is much like skiing or snow boarding. There is organized competition to see who can pull off the best trick or who is the fastest. Skiing is a sport in the olympics.

Though I also see the trendy life style thing too. But for me it was more like the lifestyle thing you talk about. I just enjoyed skiing down the slopes. I enjoyed chalenging steep terrain. I really wasn't competing or anything. It was just fun.

Bill,

You and I may be old but we aren't on the sidelines yet!!!

We are still out there skating the toughest terrain. WE may have lost a step or too but we are still in the game!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 1