SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  YORK get the sensation
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

YORK get the sensation

joebruiser
Posted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:18 pm Reply with quote
The dedication ceremony for the Reid Menzer Memorial Skatepark is scheduled for September 6, 2008. Save the date and watch for more details on the website.

Construction Progress

With good weather, construction crews are making steady progress. Check out the website for a fiull update and a couple new photos.

www.reidmenzermemorialskatepark.org
joebruiser
Posted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:50 pm Reply with quote
forget this place
check out their website and see how they dont mention that they are scrapping the pool from the skate park and keeping a bunch of junk it still shows the pool in the design

email and ask why they are being so shady and why certain people are getting exactly what they want
joebruiser
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:58 pm Reply with quote
I chilled a little. place will still be alright just no pool for anytime soon or possibly ever.

Last edited by joebruiser on Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total
carveNgrind
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:37 pm Reply with quote
Joe - as you are aware, I'm not in York anymore but am just as exited for that park to open as I will be back there one day to ride it. The apparently very expensive drainage systems were still installed with good intent for the pool to eventually be placed there. If you go to the grandopening/dedication look in the background and you will see two large green pvc pipes (one for the shallow end and one for the deep end) sticking out of the ground (in the background) near the big softball field wall. People in the area were very skeptical that a concrete skatepark would ever happen in York and they even said it to my face. Even the local skaters looked at me like I had three heads when I told them I was helping to promote a free professionally built concrete skatepark. One, probably because I wasn't born and raised in York (or PA for that matter) and the kids probably couldn't relate to the old dude they never saw ride street. Another being that York is a nickel and diming, penny pinching society where the wealthier types will try and haggle a yard sale put on as a fundraiser for the homeless, no less. No matter how much a bummer that might've been I kept a positive attitude, handing out the flyers and spreading the word. York and the surrounding area came together with a dream that they would one day ride proffesionly designed and poured concrete that will hopefully last at least as long as Lansdowne. So whether or not the pool actually happens, it's still gonna be a rad spot to skate as long as they can keep out the coat tail riding BMXers ...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/chrisnm2...2157606430003529/

... all of my love to skateboarding, PA, and the East Coast ! Please post pics of the big event here if you go. Thanks again for coming to the fundraisers and enjoy !

E.
slob-air
Posted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 9:03 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
That looks like it could be fun! Congrats!

Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:28 am Reply with quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-xvsWI2dIs
surfcorps
Posted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:48 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 04 Apr 2008 Posts: 4142 Location: I lay right down in my favorite place
Looks like ya got some fun pockets to rip, too bad there is no tile and coping. I hope it nice & smooth.

joebruiser
Posted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 5:42 pm Reply with quote
Hey Eric how are thing going out west?

It rained saturday and I couldnt make it sunday so I'll probaly check it out friday after work or saturday morning. I saw a lot of pics and they all look good. But I do feel deceived by the missing pool.
joebruiser
Posted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Eric and everyone else

I made it down today definetly the smoothest concrete in The Commonwealth. It was crazy mobb packed every one was digging it. really good street area with lots of small banks for dorkin around the edge's of the park. Deep end was alot more intimidating than it looked on paper. A lot of the old heads from lancaster, dauphin, and york counties where their. I saw some dirty jersey and MD plates in the parkin lot. I hope the peanut gets built some time but I am diggin the park the way it is. I was think on the way home how all the eastern PA concrete skate parks are along route 30. york lancaster and fdr.
carveNgrind
Posted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Glad you like it Joe. Hey, here's a new link ...

http://www.concretedisciples.com/skat...splay.php?id=3712

E.

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next