SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  VALUE OF A SPECIFIC SKATEBOARD  »  hosoi hammerhead, fake? please help me here
Page 1 of 1    

hosoi hammerhead, fake? please help me here

akfreestyleskater
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 7:39 pm Reply with quote
I recently purchased an "old school deck" from a friend and im having trouble finding it on the net. The graphic is pretty worn, but from what i can see of it and from the board shape it looks like a Hosoi Hammerhead. Im not really an expert at this, but i havent been able to find mention of a deck like mine, since it is neon yellow with green Hosoi graphic. If anyone knows if this is a fake or somethin, any information would be greatful, thank you.
The Green Monkey
Posted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 8:20 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
A little more description or, even better, a pic would make it a lot easier for everyone to figure out the story with your deck.
If it's old and ridden, I think that makes it a lot less likely that it's fake, but I could definitely be wrong. I don't know how old most of the fakes are, but I kind of figured that the fakes are likely relatively new. Check out the "Fakes and Frauds" section of AoS for more info.
As far as I know, most (all?) of the fake Hammerheads tend to be pink, although there's so much controversy and speculation about his boards due to Hosoi changing companies more frequently than I change my underwear...

Posted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 12:21 am Reply with quote
well, i cant post pictures, as my camera is not functional at the moment, but i can tell you that the deck came as a complete. It had Powell wheels, Tracker trucks, and the unkown deck. It appears to be very old and ridden, because most of whatever the graphic was made of has cracked and started to peel from the board. The background of the graphic is a bright neon yellow color, and part of the "Hosoi" shows in a teal green color. The only part of graphic i can see is from about half of the circle up, and even most of the graphic there is gone too. The deck is shaped like a Hammerhead deck. If you have any more questions, I'll be happy to answer them. Thanks for the help!
AKFreestyleSkater
SC Stinger777
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 11:49 am Reply with quote
if you email me a pic i could tell you for sure and i might make an offer. [email protected]
akfreestyleskater
Posted: Wed Jun 25, 2003 10:50 pm Reply with quote
I'll post pictures as soon as i can, which should be within the next week (hopefully).
AKFreestyleSkater

Page 1 of 1