SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  rails or die?
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

rails or die?

kimskij
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 8:10 am Reply with quote
I�m just wondering if any of you other oldschoolers use rails on your decks when you skate them? the esthetiqes of 1990 told me to quit them, but I think they�re nice...
UKskater
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 10:12 am Reply with quote
I started skating rails again in 98 after I did a few boardslides on my friends board with rails. Blacklabel still make rails, I think they sell them at CCS.
bowlrider.com
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 1:09 pm Reply with quote
@ 200+ LBS...the rails are pretty nice when I wanna slide across a Parking block...a little slick in the parks though...

Yea, I use rails....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
big.kahuna.burger
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 5:44 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 19 Jan 2002 Posts: 15613 Location: Melbs dude... Melbs
on my OS decks, yeah. on the NS decks, nah.
slob-air
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2002 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63455 Location: S&B HQ
Gotta have rails.... just doesn't feel right without them. And, if you're doing a rock & roll, the whole dynamic of rocking it seems different. Then again, when I see the gromms on their newschool poopsicle decks doing rock fakies they don't really rock much at allwhich seems fake. So, I vote rails.
Spat
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 8:05 am Reply with quote
Absolutely. I like rails. Lotta companies making them again too...Bones Rib Bones, Crooks (for all size longboards), Black Label, Eastbilt, Z-Products.
kimskij
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 10:32 am Reply with quote
This was just what I expected! Rails rules then...I just love rails, but I don�t use �m on my ns skate. That feels funny. Bones is the name of the brand by the way. Rail it on babey
big.kahuna.burger
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2002 5:39 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 19 Jan 2002 Posts: 15613 Location: Melbs dude... Melbs
were borgy rails ever big outside australia? we had em here, and borgy made the most awesome rails and copers. fucken incredible. you were the railslide god with his rails. slide and slide and slide and slide and slide... until they wore out, that is...
Clay Hutz
Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 12:45 pm Reply with quote
The last thing i used which remotely resembled rails was a Z-skin on my Thumbhead around '91. All of my friends tried and hated them because they stuck them on incorrectly. Mine however did not peel off. I ended up learning lipslides on ledges as a result. An added bonus was the ability to slide over cracks. Z-skins rule!!!
MasterPlan
Posted: Fri Mar 08, 2002 5:01 pm Reply with quote
Rails on everything.

They make the board stronger, they are easier to grab for various tricks, and they keep us seperate and distinct from our younger counterparts.

They protect the bottom of our boards so they don't get all f'ed up like NS boards, which further helps identify us.

Plus, when I see someone else with rails, I know they are coming to the pool. Fine by me...they'll probably teach me a few tricks...

Ultimately, they give is the ability to drop-in anytime we want because they scream "old school" and rarely do us OS skaters get hassled.

RAIL STORY
One day at the Palm Desert skatepark a few months ago, a kid pointed at my rails and with a straight face asked me why I had "weights" on the bottom of my board. It was the best question I have ever gotten! Classic...

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next