SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Fairfield, CT (update)
Page 2 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Fairfield, CT (update)

BillyBonebrake
Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:22 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Just got back from Fairfield Rec Dept: It looks like they're going w/Breaking Ground for the design portion. Sam will be brought down for a face to face meeting.

Posted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:13 pm Reply with quote
That's great news. How much was the Milford park? In other words, what size (appoximately) will the park be?

BillyBonebrake
Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:21 am Reply with quote
Slightly smaller than Scalzi. 10,000 SF is the baseline size, but it could go bigger w/more fundage. Send money to me I'll get it to the right place.

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:23 am Reply with quote
Bill, maybe you should just work as his sales rep.

I've seen his proposals. They need work. His parks are great though.

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:50 am Reply with quote
jraboin wrote:

These folks were willing to accept BG's approach in that it translates into more skatepark: A $10K savinfgs on design equates to more concrete. Yes, the Grindline pamphlet has nice photos, etc., but even still Fairfield liked just as much about what they saw in the photocopied photos of BGs parks as they did w/the Grindline glossies. Yes, Sam should dress up his website, upgrade his response packets, supply CAD renderings, etc. But he's got word of mouth and proximity on his side. Some of the Fairfield kids had nice things to say about Wethersfield and even Milford, which surprised me. One kid knew enough to explain Milford's faults in a way that avoided any rub on Sam's work there.

If I'm a 'sales rep' its for the concept, not any particular player. The payoff is not income, but more legit terrain.

Posted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:25 pm Reply with quote
i lurk on here from time to time to check out what is going on,and billy always has our (breaking ground) back. thanks again bill for being a stand up guy when it comes to going to meetings,making phone calls etc. building parks is a thankless job sometimes but being the "advocate" is even more of a thankless task(dealing with concerned towns people, kids that want stairs and hubbas and folks that really have no clue when it comes to what a real skatepark is). sorry for the babble, just wanted to,thank you again bill for helping get some good stuff built in the northeast!!!! oh yeah i got to say that sam might not have the slickest proposals but you got to remember that he is doing ALL of breaking ground himself! thanks,tom...
jkelly
Posted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:02 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Aug 2003 Posts: 7129 Location: Wild in the streets
BillyBonebrake wrote:
jraboin wrote:

These folks were willing to accept BG's approach in that it translates into more skatepark: A $10K savinfgs on design equates to more concrete. Yes, the Grindline pamphlet has nice photos, etc., but even still Fairfield liked just as much about what they saw in the photocopied photos of BGs parks as they did w/the Grindline glossies. Yes, Sam should dress up his website, upgrade his response packets, supply CAD renderings, etc. But he's got word of mouth and proximity on his side. Some of the Fairfield kids had nice things to say about Wethersfield and even Milford, which surprised me. One kid knew enough to explain Milford's faults in a way that avoided any rub on Sam's work there.

If I'm a 'sales rep' its for the concept, not any particular player. The payoff is not income, but more legit terrain.

I think another plus of using BG besides great layout is the fact that they are close...your not dealing with a bunch of guys from CA that bail after its finished.. SUPPORT NEW ENGLAND BUSINESS I was going to say CT but I think Sam is in RI...Chickenhawk was showing me some photos on his phone of Sams bowl when we were in new mexico...sick

Jay

[quote="tioem"]The closest some guys get to pussy is being one.
I'm not talking about any of you queers. [/quote]
BillyBonebrake
Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Fairfield had a meeting yesterday w/Sam and it went real well ... the kids were stoked. This skatepark will be done spring '09 and its right on the beach.

jkelly wrote:

Chickenhawk was showing me some photos on his phone of Sams bowl when we were in new mexico...sick

speaking of which ...

Posted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 4:22 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 25 Sep 2006 Posts: 643 Location: in your wives/daughters' room...
BillyBonebrake wrote:
Fairfield had a meeting yesterday w/Sam and it went real well ... the kids were stoked. This skatepark will be done spring '09 and its right on the beach.

jkelly wrote:

Chickenhawk was showing me some photos on his phone of Sams bowl when we were in new mexico...sick

speaking of which ...

bad form, bill!

bad form indeed...

Posted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 7:34 am Reply with quote
Word on the street is that BG got the job and are starting soon. Any truth to the rumor?

Page 2 of 4    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next