SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Milford to get a webcam???
Page 1 of 1    

Milford to get a webcam???

WEDGE
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:58 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 14 Dec 2001 Posts: 2176 Location: Hebron , Connecticut
I read in a New Haven paper today the park may get a 24x7 webcam....something about a webpage where you can check it out all the time. Figured Billy might know about this?

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:07 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 25 Sep 2006 Posts: 643 Location: in your wives/daughters' room...
now you can WATCH noone be there!!

Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:50 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I haven't heard that ... but the fence has more holes in it than a big block of Jarlsberg. I'll check the Register website.

This fucking mayor we have is a buffon, bought and paid for by the mob. He told me he'd never accept a free, at-your-own-risk skatepark because he feared it would turn into a "hangout". Yet last week he approved a new OTB parlor, on top of our 3 adult bookstores and our crack-infested truck stop. Oh, and dont forget the mall where the food court brawls are turning into a youtube staple. But a skatepark? Where teenagers might congregate!? Maybe even get some exercise!? No telling what else might happen ... but please pay no attention to the beer swilling softball players 40 feet away. This skatepark has made the "adults" in my town look like idiots.

EDIT: Found it:

Posted on Fri, Feb 8, 2008
Skate park action may be caught on webcam
By Brian McCready , Milford Bureau Chief

MILFORD � A good view of the skate park may soon be a mouse click away.

Recreation Director William McCarthy said he intends to install a webcam at the Washington Field skate park, off the Boston Post Road.

McCarthy said the idea came from residents Sara and Michael Galullo, who requested webcams for popular locations such as Milford Lisman Landing, the Green and Gulf Beach.

McCarthy said he wants to put the first webcam at the skate park, and then consider other sites. He said he chose the skate park so the webcam could be an �entertainment vehicle for the youth to see themselves on their computers at home.�

The webcam will also provide security against vandalism and graffiti. McCarthy said the webcam will also speed repairs. If a light, for instance, goes out, employees will be able to spot the problem immediately, he said.

McCarthy said he anticipates the cost to be about $2,000, which is available in his budget. He also said he�d like the department to have a Web site with streaming video and cameras set up throughout the city.

The $95,000 skate park opened in April 2005. The park was the only one in the state made with seamless concrete, a popular style in California.

Sarah Galullo said she got the idea for a webcam after hearing about a similar program in Corpus Christi, Texas.

�This would be a great way to showcase Milford,� Galullo said. �Milford�s beautiful and it should be showcased. This will allow people to stay connected.�

Michael Galullo said there are a lot of former residents who would like to be able to check on Milford sites. Sarah Galullo said people would want to check out the webcam simply because �Milford�s beautiful.�

Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 4:01 pm Reply with quote
Ah, more of the surveilence society. Great!!

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Idiots. Billy, it sounds like your town has some real issues concerning the skatepark, and a resolution wont be coming anytime soon. Concerning Compo Skatepark, we have just been hoppin the fence lately. No one says SHIT!

Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quote
I skated Milford for a while today ... with 20 other trespassers, hassle-free. The gate is AWOL.

I spoke at length w/the Rec Director today. He hopes this is the last year of the YMCA affiliation. He said that the spy cam is being installed with the expectation that it will eventually replace the YMCA's on-site supervision. For my part, I'm volunteering the first weekend of March in graffiti removal, coping repair, and re-grouting.

Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:20 pm Reply with quote
Billy,

I am willing to come down and give you a hand. I am busy on Saturday but free Sunday.

Viking John
BillyBonebrake
Posted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:50 am Reply with quote
Thanks John but I'm not sure about this weekend yet. I haven't gotten the material UPS'd to me yet ...

Page 1 of 1