SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Is it slow or is it me?
Page 4 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Is it slow or is it me?

grim reaper
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:34 am Reply with quote
things are coming around for my shop unfortunately it comes with a cost.Ive sold alot of personal items just to keep the idea of investors out, but now that the smoke is starting to clear after a record winter in the inland northwest things are still a little slow.not to mention another screen-print & skate,another motocross mall skate shop have just opened up.its a never ending cycle of bro's living the dream of a skate shop.here are a couple other things to think about that has changed over the last 5 years in the skate industry
ELEMENT=BILLABONG
DC=QUICKSILVER
ALIEN/HABITAT=BURTON
IPATH-TIMBERLAND
VANS=WRANGLER
DWINDLE=GLOBE
VOLCOM=WENT PUBLIC
these companies used to be some of the raddest grassroots companies but the industry is selling out and leaving the true skateboard shops behind.its like when you become a parent and forget what its like to be a kid.the big guys have forgotten what it was like when they were small like mom & pops skate shops.I dont offer most of those brands because of that.
brianzig
Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 1:32 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I wonder what some fucking weightlifting fitness fuck would think if a out of shape skateboarder with bad knees covered in tattoos decided to open up a giant fitness center... "Oh fitness is so popular right now I should cash in on this trend"... I can then sit in my office watching them work out as I eat my big fucking double cheeseburger while I suck down my double thick shake on top of the piles of money I made selling them bottled water of all things...paying for water WTF....

Jeez Jay, I knew I heard that analogy somewhere. It's my favorite now when talking about some of the people running shops around here nowadays. I even used it in another thread. Yay for plagiarism. LOL.

Anyway...just thought I'd touch base with the other shops and see whats up business wise. We were picking up but have dropped way down again for May. It's been a roller coaster ride for sales for the last 5 months. It's really getting old. I'm tossing around the idea of getting a job and just opening after I get off work.
grim reaper
Posted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:46 pm Reply with quote
ive thought of selling my soul to satan?
brianzig
Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 7:56 am Reply with quote
grim reaper wrote:

Yeah, I tried that but he said that as a skate shop owner I wasn't worth it. Oh wait, no, that was my banker.
notus
Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:23 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 19 Feb 2007 Posts: 90 Location: North Augusta South Carolina
grim reaper wrote:

Same here but he wasn't interested,,,,until I told him I know a few Lawyers!
grim reaper
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:30 am Reply with quote
well boys and girls I called it quits! Spirit Skate Shop is closed down and it feels darn good.no more worries about product,shitty reps,lame companies,asr,whats the new hot,bums,discounts,bills,taxes and a whole lot more bullshit that comes with owning a legit skate shop.
grim reaper
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:30 am Reply with quote
well boys and girls I called it quits! Spirit Skate Shop is closed down and it feels darn good.no more worries about product,shitty reps,lame companies,asr,whats the new hot,bums,discounts,bills,taxes and a whole lot more bullshit that comes with owning a legit skate shop.
grim reaper
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:31 am Reply with quote
well boys and girls I called it quits! Spirit Skate Shop is closed down and it feels darn good.no more worries about product,crappy reps,lame companies,asr,whats the new hot,bums,discounts,bills,taxes and a whole lot more bullshat that comes with owning a legit skate shop.
grim reaper
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:31 am Reply with quote
well boys and girls I called it quits! Spirit Skate Shop is closed down and it feels darn good.no more worries about product,crappy reps,lame companies,asr,whats the new hot,bums,discounts,bills,taxes and a whole lot more bullshat that comes with owning a legit skate shop.
auragreg
Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:40 am Reply with quote
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Posts: 2382 Location: Highland, Michigan, USA, Earth
another one down ... sorry to hear. But it seems that it's a weight off of your shoulders.

Support skateboard art/artists: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BurbSkateboards

Page 4 of 5    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next