SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  Trucks
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Trucks

poopants
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:44 pm Reply with quote
I am wondering about getting some faster trucks. I skate old indys and I want something that wont fall apart on me at 35-40 mph. I also don't want to spend 250 or better or the bears (if I do not have to). What up with the cheap bears, crail, and seismic? They all make 30-40 degree trucks for cheap. any advice on other brands? I'm wondering If I can keep one cheek off the toilet and stick with 8mm axles and <65 mm wheels.

Nick Peretti
New Jack City
slob-air
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Old Indys? As in the early Indy Stages? Solid as they come. They were good enough for John Hutson to set the world speed recors (it's been surpassed, but...).

Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:31 pm Reply with quote
good enough, I'll just go faster on them

Nick Peretti
New Jack City
poopants
Posted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:33 pm Reply with quote
I do need a couple more sets of trucks though any advice on new brands (or where to get more old trucks).

Nick Peretti
New Jack City
TuUrBoOo
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 2:33 pm Reply with quote
You can definately get really great quality downhill trucks for cheaper than $250. I would highly recommend Bear Grizzlys 1052 or 852 depending whatever your bearing size preference is. They come in 52 and 40 degrees, and I've heard nothing but great things about the 40 degrees. These trucks range at about $70 for 10mm and $65 for 8mm ($5 for extra strength can't hurt )

Also, I'm yet to try them myself, but if you can get your hands on some Paris 180's, they'll do you good. My friend rides em hard and loves it! Those run for about $65. Also keep your eyes peeled for the new and improved randal 180s, since Gravity took over the company, you can expect huge changes and probably a boost in quality.

I wouldn't so much go for seismic trucks for downhill, unless you know exactly how to dial em down right... the whole idea of springs instead of bushings kinda freak me out of using them. Crails are great trucks, but are pretty dead unless you are using them to DH, but they work amazingly well with JimZ stim bushings.
poopants
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:52 pm Reply with quote
I thought the same about seismics. they just are not natural

Nick Peretti
New Jack City
atxJIMatx
Posted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:11 pm Reply with quote
Cheap ol' Randal DH's do me good. Especially with the 180mm Randal 2 hangers slapped on em.
sk8bones
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:13 am Reply with quote
Randall's are good and cheap. Bears and Tracker LB trucks look like the best for the new to inverted axle trucks. Bears and Trackers can be used for slow or quick turning. The hanger actally flips to change the angle. Check 'em out.
TuUrBoOo
Posted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:31 pm Reply with quote
another alternative could be just regular randal DH trucks with jimz bushings... whites would do ya good i think they are in between 85-88A now or something.

don't be turned off by the 160mm hanger, it compensates for the lack of turnability of the 35 degree baseplate.

one of our team riders john brody rode his DH board with that truck setup, his turning was really responsive and what not, he railed corners like none other at 45-60!
Wells
Posted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 1:08 am Reply with quote
Speaking from experience; Crails are good, as are Bear 40�x10mm. The trackers are just out this week; but the huge bushings look promising. I'd keep away from Seismics or Indys for speed; although Indys are my favorite trucks for carving.

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next