SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  LA to Texas
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

LA to Texas

motorpsycho67
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:33 am Reply with quote
I'll be driving from LA to Texas (Dallas area and Austin) for Turkey day this year. Any spots I should not miss? Are the pipes in Amarillo still there? Good Arizona or New Mexico spots? Of course, these spots can't be too far off the highway (I've got the old lady with me). We'll be taking I-40 out there and I-10 back.
rightfootforward
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 1:34 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Go to Austin and skate the 69 bowl at the Skatepark of Austin, it is sweet!

There are also some nice cement parks in Austin and RoundRock..
Dallas is a must, they have a couple of killer parks, Alan Station(sp?) is huge with some nice bowls and flow areas.
I was lucky enough to skate with the Ambassador of Texas Skating, SnB Bro. Stubbs (name drop), when I was home last time, maybe some of the locals will be cool and show you around as well.
motorpsycho67
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Thanks man. My time is limited and I don't know how much the old lady will put up with, but I'll try to hit some of those spots in Austin.
Phillips-66
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:24 pm Reply with quote
If you make it through Dallas hit me or Stubbs up. We have a concrete park at Allen and Irving. You'll dig it...
motorpsycho67
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Phillips-66 wrote:
If you make it through Dallas hit me or Stubbs up. We have a concrete park at Allen and Irving. You'll dig it...

Thanks man. My folks live about ten minutes from Allen.
EhBrah
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:02 pm Reply with quote
motorpsycho67 wrote:
I'll be driving from LA to Texas (Dallas area and Austin) for Turkey day this year. Any spots I should not miss? Are the pipes in Amarillo still there? Good Arizona or New Mexico spots? Of course, these spots can't be too far off the highway (I've got the old lady with me). We'll be taking I-40 out there and I-10 back.
This is so timely, I just got back from Lubbock, TX last sunday, drove all the way back to SF via I-40. I have a perfect spot for you near I-40 in Alb where I stayed. There is a perfect set of hotels not far off 40 if you can convince her to spend the night in Albuquerque. Then you can skate the ditch at night behind the hotel and there is a long section of it which is lit up all night. PM if you're interested.

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:11 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 03 Jul 2003 Posts: 15098 Location: Heaven or Hell...kinda hard to tell.
EhBrah wrote:
motorpsycho67 wrote:
This is so timely, I just got back from Lubbock, TX last sunday, drove all the way back to SF via I-40. I have a perfect spot for you near I-40 in Alb where I stayed. There is a perfect set of hotels not far off 40 if you can convince her to spend the night in Albuquerque. Then you can skate the ditch at night behind the hotel and there is a long section of it which is lit up all night. PM if you're interested.

How much time did you do in Lubbock?

I was born there, left. Spent 5 years of college there, left. Folks moved up there last year, only been up there once since. I like Lubbock much better as a memory than as a current event.

Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Grumpy Ol' Bastard wrote:
EhBrah wrote:
motorpsycho67 wrote:

How much time did you do in Lubbock?

I was born there, left. Spent 5 years of college there, left. Folks moved up there last year, only been up there once since. I like Lubbock much better as a memory than as a current event.

ditto GOB. I was born in Lubbock. I lived here in DFW most of my life though. I have not been back since my dad passed away coming up on 7 years now. Lubbock obviously isn't the same for me now but had a lot of good times there as a kid. There use to be a 10 footer in a guy's backyard of Indiana...but that was a LONG time ago.
Phillips-66
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:46 pm Reply with quote
double
motorpsycho67
Posted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:50 am Reply with quote
So far, I plan to hit Bushmaster in Flagstaff AZ, a park in Albuqurque, Allen Station near Dallas, someplace in Austin & Goodyear park in Phoenix. Anything else off I-40 or I-10 I should check out?

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next