SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  help with sizes of small boards(zip zinger type)
Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

help with sizes of small boards(zip zinger type)

flash
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 1:58 pm Reply with quote
the more i check out some of these sites, the more broke i'm gonna get. i came here trying to buy a zip, now i'm looking at the frankie hill, old king size hensley, screaming hand t-shirt, and a bunch of other stuff from my childhood.
steve-g
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:29 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
flash wrote:
the more i check out some of these sites, the more broke i'm gonna get. i came here trying to buy a zip, now i'm looking at the frankie hill, old king size hensley, screaming hand t-shirt, and a bunch of other stuff from my childhood.

You're on the precipice; take a step back and you'll be safe. Step forward and you'll plummet into financial ruin and an unhealthy obsession with ebay watch lists!
flash
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:43 pm Reply with quote
yeah i took a step back and chilled. i can't get caught up in that madness....just yet.
anyhow, i opted to purchase from oldschoolskaters.net because they offered free shipping. i went ahead with the zip zigger nano in orange. i really wanted the red one cause everyone knows red goes faster but they were sold out.
i'll be sure to post a pic of the complete after i receive it and thanks to everyone for your help.

on a sidenote:
if the owner of that site lurks here, heres some advice...
please don't show pics of the products you don't have in stock.
it sucks seeing what "you could've had" you know what i mean? just show what you're selling instead of making your customers click page after page looking at items that aren't even available.
moneymonster
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:19 pm Reply with quote
well that doesn't always mean it won't be in stock again or could be ordered. i like it when shops leave up old product. good reference
flash
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:40 pm Reply with quote
i was just getting fustrated while trying to pick out some wheels. they have so many pictured but so few that are actually available for purchase. put it this way, i wasted some 30 minutes or so picking out some wheels i probably won't even like.
i really wanted the large/soft cadillac wheels but settled for the smaller/harder ones because i got tired of looking. i guess thats not necessarily a bad thing for a retail website.
slob-air
Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
ZipZingers rule. Throw some 4.3 Bennetts on it and some 62mm Alligators.

flash wrote:

on a sidenote:
it sucks seeing what "you could've had" you know what i mean? just show what you're selling instead of making your customers click page after page looking at items that aren't even available.

Domitionx is a member here. He usually gets stock like the next day�not worth pulling the product when it's on the way.

Posted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:25 pm Reply with quote
slob-air wrote:
ZipZingers rule. Throw some 4.3 Bennetts on it and some 62mm Alligators.

flash wrote:

on a sidenote:

Domitionx is a member here. He usually gets stock like the next day�not worth pulling the product when it's on the way.

whats a 4.3 bennett? i'm assumming they're trucks but i had some small fury trucks(4.5 inch) that i've been sitting on and using them for the zinger.

and dang! i wish i new this beforehand, i would've contacted him directly through here and asked about the softer/bigger cadillacs. i wouldn't have minded waiting. next time i guess.

in any case, if i hate them i'll just sell them or put them on my custom 2x4 board....i'll post a pic of this DIY POS when the zinger get here(monday).
krayola
Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Feb 2007 Posts: 15449 Location: R'lyeh 47°9′S 126°43′W / 47.15°S 126.717°W / -47.15; -126.717
My company makes 4 different sized locker boards. For there size being 7.5, I recommend Grind Kings. For wheels either the clear Krypto's Impulse or Bert's Retro's. Both are a great wheels and the Berts a tad stickier.

Either one of the wheel set ups plus the trucks are a good set up. I ride my locker board every day and the trucks with a guy my size and weight they hold up pretty good going off curbs and carving.

The set up is also economical if you try the Impulses with the Grind Kings.

This way I have about 4 locker boards of various paint jobs, lengths and wheel set ups.

slob-air
Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
flash wrote:

whats a 4.3 bennett?

flash wrote:

and dang! i wish i new this beforehand, i would've contacted him directly through here and asked about the softer/bigger cadillacs.

Forget the Caddilacs, get Alligators.

Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Sep 2003 Posts: 2954 Location: pedro point, nor cal
Since we're on the topic, can you tell me the difference between the clear and regular Alligators? I'm totally loving the clear green! Considering the others as well. (as if i don't have enough wheels already...)

Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next