SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Advice?
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Advice?

slob-air
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:22 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63458 Location: S&B HQ
Brandon - Make sure the current owner has done his taxes correctly and has no leans against the business as well.

Also check the lease and talk to the property management for a projection of any rent increases.

Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:01 am Reply with quote
66K sounds like a major deal. From the description, it probably has close that much in inventory alone. Especially if he stocks shoes from a variety of vendors and goes direct. I wouldn't even consider selling my shop for that amount unless I just had to get out and pay off the loan like your bud.

Inventory, established (with customers and vendors), $500K in sales (jeez I wish I had those numbers), employees and books in check. All are very good pluses. Sounds like a no-brainer to me.

As far as the industry changing....it's always changing. You just have to adjust and adapt. Skateboarding was, is, and always will be around. It's just more popular at times but the die-hards are always around. Just look at some of us dinosaurs around here.

There's a shop in the county south of mine that's celebrating 24 years in business this month.
larrybuick
Posted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:04 pm Reply with quote
damn i want it!!!! i own a shop here in texas and i think 66 is a great number. how much inventory does he have. thats what your really buying..the inventory the fixtures and everything that comes with it.

i would also think about letting those old employees go and start fresh, i bet they have a lot of bad habits possibly stealing.

i would also see what large mall shops are think of moving in if not allreay. suck as zumez, active and shops like that.

this sounds really cheap to me. also find out how much rent is and how much it takes each month to break even. a half a mill sounds like alot but it really is not....sorry not being a jerk but for a mall shop that aint crap. rent could be 10 grand a month....

just watch your self. and have more than 66 to start with it takes more than that to keep a bussiness going.

good luck and if you have any questions fell free to ask.

larry
That 70's Skater
Posted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 1:53 pm Reply with quote
Did you buy?
BDS740
Posted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:24 pm Reply with quote
That 70's Skater wrote:
Did you buy?

I did not. Long story.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2