SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  B.O.N.O.S.A.  »  lost collection
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

lost collection

ogsk8r
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:02 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
it all started out back in 1985. i discoverd skateboarding at the age of 13. my first deck .....a white roskopp II w/ rainbow fade & signed. i had plans of setting it up & riding it, but never did. then about 6 months later, my best friend got his first deck which was a round nose flamming dagger guerrero w/ wheel wells. I HAD TO HAVE ONE. so i kept my roskopp and hung it on my wall & begged my parents for another skateboard to ride which was....you guessed it.... a round nose flamming dagger guerrero whith wheel wells. that was it, life as i knew it was forever changed. i was a skater !!! i practiced & practiced & i skated & i skated & i got pretty damn good. i then started collecting old decks that were getting a little hard to find like, a natural wood pig hawk, a lime green stain pig mcgill skull & snake, a blue stain skull & sword, a red stain cab stinger, a silver dip steadham, a red stained vato and my white roskopp II. now, all of those decks are a distant memory due to the fact that my parents were forced to move & we had to pack up & place everything wee had in storage, and ultimately never see our belongings again. but....before that happened, i gave my red vato to my then 4 year old nephew who promised he would keep it forever and never set it up. well, when i started collecting again 2 years ago. my now 21 year old nephew still had the mint vato & gave it back to me for my collection. thats my story & i just wanted to share it with everyone. as for my collection, they must be out there somewhere. they were all signed except for the skull & sword & the mcgill. a bit of advise to all collectors out there.....NEVER PUT YOUR DECKS INTO STORAGE......NEVER !!!!

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:51 pm Reply with quote
Sweet that you got the Vato back! It is a nice one too!

How come you didn't get your other stuff out of storage??? I'm confused by that...
ogsk8r
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:25 pm Reply with quote
well, to make a long story short, my parents at the time could not afford the storage bill or the cost to have it shipped from southern california where we lived, to houston texas where we moved and very breifly stayed. so the unit was siezed & never to be seen again. the cool thing is, is that the lance that is pictured with the vato, used to belong to my best friend and he had sold his collection about 10 years ago. well, about a year ago, i found it actually here on SnB and i bought it. and when we were in highschool, my friend lived at my house so that deck once hung on my bedroom wall right next to the vato 20 years ago. i shelled out a small fortune to get that lance, but it was well worth it.

Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:31 pm Reply with quote
That's some pretty cool history behind those decks. To see them hang out together again is oretty damn cool!

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:24 am Reply with quote
thanks man. yea out of my entire collection i have now, those 2 have the most meaning for me. this is my collection now.....

Last edited by ogsk8r on Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:42 am; edited 2 times in total

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:30 am Reply with quote
Yeah at least you got those! out of the boards stated those are two of the best IMO...
ogsk8r
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:39 am Reply with quote
if i had to get rid of my collection for any reason, those 2 i will NEVER get rid of. i have had lots of offers for the vato includng one offer that was over 2,000 and i said NO WAY ! this is my colelction now........

Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:22 am Reply with quote
good stories!!

putting anything is storage is never a good idea. i've heard too many horror stories that are similar!!

glad it has a happy ending.
Wallos
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:29 pm Reply with quote
I love that story. . . . . .

Especially the part you left out about my silver dip Steadham that you were convinced was yours, asked me to hold for then you backed out out of the deal. Just razzin' you!

I still have it. . . . . . .

Wallos
ogsk8r
Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:35 pm Reply with quote
i did figure out later that it was my best friends steadham. we had the exact same ones except after i realized it, mine was signed above the left side of the spade & his was signed on the left bottom. we both got them signed the same day, but after i realized it, i found all of his decks scattered about because he sold all of his, and mine are gone and til this very day, NONE of mine have surfaced. i did pick up his lace mountain that he sold about 9 years ago. i picked it up for a steal last november. as for the steadham, i do still want it, but i sooo cannot afford it. never came into that nice pile that we were expecting. sorry to keep ya hangin like that man, thats not like me.

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next