SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  Forum rules!
Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Forum rules!

LLpeteJ
Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:24 pm Reply with quote
yea i would have to say ( and ive tried them) hard boots suck,plus they blow to walk in,definetly arnt doing any hiking in those things,,but who cares?? hey man did u instruct at berthoud?
Rich215
Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 7:18 am Reply with quote
Pretty funny....."hard boots suck"....maybe for some of you. Most likely your highly 1 dementional in your riding abilities. There are many different hard boots, binding, and board setups....i ride 2 different hard boot setups. One is real racey with a fairly wide and non-eurocarving type of stance...the other is real wide with a free riding stance. I also ride 3 different soft boot setups of various sized and stiffness of boards. And no...i dont ride on sheets of ice...we get real snow here in Michigan. Out on the East coast is where they have sheets of ice.

I used to watch the "gothic grinder" (aka Damion S), rip off flips, full bones, and tons of other tweaked airs in hard boots...so it's about your setup...and ability.

Pete, I used to teach at Copper MT. and did some traveling with Burton on a demo tour in CO. Then spent alittle time giving teaching clinics in CO. and MI. Most of which was in 88-93. Now i have a real job, house, and a nice bank account....so i have not ridden much in the past few years. My buds outwest are allways asking me to visit CO and UT, this might be the year i do so.

I admit that hard boots SUCK!!! for some of you with little abilities....lol dig dig....jk. Its cool what ever you ride...just rip it up. Sometimes i just like to go faster than anyone on the mountain! But i can also hang in a pipe or off the cliffs on any givin day.
Upland_Yo
Posted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 2:44 pm Reply with quote
snowed on the mountain last night...

they are saying winter could come early to the NW this year.
Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:40 pm Reply with quote
I ride a Never Summer
Posted: Wed Dec 17, 2003 4:50 pm Reply with quote
i dont like forums
LLpeteJ
Posted: Sat Dec 20, 2003 9:27 pm Reply with quote
you can get down the mountain faster with hard boots on a race board???? you might be able to go faster thru a gs coarse ,,but you cant b-line the whole mountain on a race set up

ohh yea and Burton makes flimsy crap as far as boards go,,they make nice clothes tho

[ This Message was edited by: LLpeteJ on 2003-12-20 21:28 ]
Rich215
Posted: Wed Jan 14, 2004 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Quote" you can get down the mountain faster with hard boots on a race board???? you might be able to go faster thru a gs coarse ,,but you cant b-line the whole mountain on a race set up
---------------------------------------------

Pete, Yes......I personally can go much faster and can do it with 10 times the control. (going faster with hard boots)
I once broke my foot while comming to a complete stop durring a highspeed carve on a softboot setup. The board was fairly stiff...but the boot/binding couldnt handle the tourqe.

For me personally with my paticular hard boot boards, yup...much faster than any soft setup I have or have ridden. (my hard boot boards are Mistrals)

Some slalom courses I may have been faster with a soft setup....but many I was faster with the hards.....I spent alot of research figuring that one out for my abilities.
It all depends on what your riding on for snow that day....and your ability to tweak your equipment well past the stock issued setup!

With that being said, I have not tried any newer boards on the market today. Although I have seen a few custom Burton's that were fairly stiff....and they will have some nice boards comming out in the next year or two...(my bro works for them now, thats how I know...he showed me a few of them)

[ This Message was edited by: Rich215 on 2004-01-14 19:34 ]
LLpeteJ
Posted: Mon Jan 19, 2004 10:11 am Reply with quote
hey if you dont like hiking for pow or hiking kickers, or being comfortable,or going fast the hard boots are for you,
if you like cold feet boots you cant hike in and oakley blades then hard boots are for you,, hey rich every ski area has icy days,but there is almost always a pow stash to be found,,and michagan gets more snow than vermont? i did'nt even know they had mountains there
Rich215
Posted: Sun Feb 22, 2004 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Did'nt mean to rib anybody on East Coast riding. I have had many awesome powdery days there. The lakes here tend to make conditions here diff.

Basically, because the weather in most of New England tends to be more dry and much much more colder than in lower Mi, there tends to be more icy riding days there. Lake Mi. is the factor of our patterns here to be so diff year round.

lol pete....mich has bumbs....not mt's.
I have spent alot of time outside my state too my friend. CO VT Canada NY NH

I realize ice is everywhere at times. My point was that I was more comfortable in hard boots with the technology back a few years. I rode everything...backhill, ski areas....soft setups...hard setups...snurfers.....powderboards...raceboards...pipeboards.... I should of stated that when at ski areas I used hard setups more.

And as far as Michigan snowboarding...there were many great riders that came from my home area....Jake liked us cause this is where snowboarding was born...Muskegon Mi.

No worries bro....we're used to getting ragged on because we have no "mountains" ....well atleast in the lower penninsula.

ahhhh the old days..............

We also do not have these in Michigan.

[ This Message was edited by: Rich215 on 2004-02-22 12:37 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Rich215 on 2004-02-22 12:41 ]
washed
Posted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 2:22 pm Reply with quote
http://www.shutterfly.com/view/pictur...71e5b55e431&idx=0

Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3