SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SNOWBOARDS  »  Forum rules!
Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Forum rules!

scs
Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 3:59 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I'm 6'3 around 175lbs, I've always ridden 155's but this year I bought a 159 I think? A little on the big side and a little bit harder to pull of tricks then what I'm use to, but I fell like twice this season, usually its x10 that every day I ride, this season only fell a couple times and none were bad, works for me! Smooth ride as well, I like it! & I bought it to beat the living snot out of, forgot how fun it was! I hit everything, rocks, trees, people, you name it I go over it
Upland_Yo
Posted: Fri Apr 25, 2003 4:11 pm Reply with quote
I have always ridden small boards. I used to ride 139 and 144 K2's in the summer because it was like skating. You know those big jean fantasies back in the early 90's. It took more work but if you can stick stuff on little boards, when you move to a bigger board for the winter, it's all cake. Three knee surgeries and five screws in the foot later, I stick with the bigger(55,59,66 haha)boards because they do alot of the work for you and are a bit more forgiving. I am an old man now (33) so I need some extra help.

[ This Message was edited by: Upland_Yo on 2003-04-25 17:14 ]
LLpeteJ
Posted: Wed May 07, 2003 9:20 pm Reply with quote
buy american,,buy Never Summer
http://www.neversummer.com
Upland_Yo
Posted: Mon May 12, 2003 11:36 am Reply with quote
Ride Oregon, Ride the goods more often.

Mothers Day 03

http://www.oregonbits.com/mday03.htm
Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2003 2:33 pm Reply with quote
[quote]
I think Im vindicated as a poseur.... Jeemy Jones is now on Burton (yuk) so I guess Im as out of 'fashion' as normal......

Why do you say yuk to Burton?

They make some of the best boards....
I used to ride and teach for them. Solid company to say the least....to bad race boards are not instyle anymore. Although i
was always parcial to what Mistral used to make back in the early and mid 90's.

OMGGG some of you bigger guys ridding such tiny little boards....why? I wouldn't even be caught on a freestyle or freeriding board under 168cm. (im 6ft. 200)

Posted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 8:06 am Reply with quote
[quote]
On 2003-07-24 15:33, Anonymous wrote:
Quote:

to bad race boards are not instyle anymore.

Anymore? This would indicate that they were in style at some point in the past...I think not! The cool thing about hardshell boots is that you get the same feel just like your rollerblades.
ukoldschool
Posted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 2:27 am Reply with quote
Hahaha!!!

Euroboarders - I fucking hate them. Just go buy some ski's and be done with it... bloody monoski nonces....
Rich215
Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2003 9:07 pm Reply with quote
Yo, Mr. UK dude.
I am the one that posted the " race boards" comment. For some reason it didn't take my regular screen name.

Anyway. I can assure you I am not a "Euro-carver" I was raised and born in the USA! I also have never been to euorpe.

I have ridden almost every type of board and setup ever made! I personally grew up with the inventor of the snowboard, and no it's not Jake. His name is Sherman Poppen. From Muskegon Michigan. The first snowbaords were actually called "Snurfers", made by the Brunswick corp. They were about 8 inches wide with a little metal skeg planted in a slight v'd tail. They had little rubber nipples epoxied on the footing area for grip, and had a rope attached to the nose to hang on to. I think i was about 8 when he marketed them. I'm now 39.

Anyway, I was lucky to have been born in the area where the first snowboard contests started way back in the late 70's. They were held at a small ski area about 3 miles down the road from my home. In the early eighties Burton started making composite boards and it all blew up from there to where it is today. I have been a professional snowboard instructor in Colorado and worked for a few different snowboard companies. I have competed in freestyle events as well as alpine events.
I always had a quiver of 2-5 boards. Hard boot setups as well as freestyle setups.

So no.....im not riding on a 5 inch 2x4 with my feet in a water ski position. My race boards were fairly wide actually. Most of my riding was done from the 80's thru the mid 90's.

I made the comment about race type boards not being instyle anymore because I wanted to get some new boards recently because i have not ridden much in a 3 or 4 years because of a spinal injury. I can't seem to find any hard boot boards being sold at all here in the US. My brother started working for Burton this year and told me there is very little hard boot boards in the market today. (at least here in the US)

That is why i made those comments. If anyone can direct me to where i can find some hard boot boards....id appreciate it. I have been totally out of the snowboard scene in the past few years. All i see in local shops is soft boot boards. I have a basement full of them. lol

Anyway. Seems sort of odd that you would "hate" someone because of the equipment they use. I'd say you have an emotional discourse that needs some good karma. lol Maybe you should come visit the Rocky Mt. range and feel some of it.
Upland_Yo
Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2003 4:44 am Reply with quote
oh geez...

no matter how you stack it, hard shells suck. Maybe you need them on the ice sheets of Michigan.
LLpeteJ
Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2003 9:23 pm Reply with quote
yea i would have to say ( and ive tried them) hard boots suck,plus they blow to walk in,definetly arnt doing any hiking in those things,,but who cares?? hey man did u instruct at berthoud?

Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next