SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  My son's first ride!!
Page 1 of 1    

My son's first ride!!

Long Board John
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:30 pm Reply with quote
Hi Everyone,

I have three kids. Megan is 7. She begged me for a skateboard and I bought her one. After falling twice she quit and never went on a board again. She is very artistic. She's a good dancer, draws well and reads great in school. I love her a lot. She is different from me though. I have to face the facts skating isn't in her blood.

After her there is Emily. She is a true Tomboy. She is three. She climbs rocks and ledges like a monkey. She falls and cry's but she gets up and try's again. In Emily there is hope!! She comes to the skate park with daddy. She shows more interest in the local playgound at Stamford then the skatepark. Though she will get on the board and ride a little. At three she is still to young to tell if she will be a skater.

Now I have a third child. This ones a boy!! Wow!! What a difference. He is 9 months old. He is a monster at 97th percentile in height. He is a very happy little guy. He can crawl well. He pulls himself up and stands. Then while holding on he moves from object to object walking!! The girls could never do this at his age. His coridination seems to be advanced. He falls often but doesn't cry. He just pulls himself back and stands again.

His name is Ryan. One day he was pushing my skateboard back and forth in the family room. Now he always seems to crawl towards the skateboard whenever he see's it. Today I decided to ride the board in the family room. This is the first time he ever saw anybody skate. He laughed and smiled at me! I was really inspired so I picked him up while I was standing on the board. I grabbed tight onto his two hands and planted his feet firmly on the board. With the both of us standing on the sketeboard I rode a little around the family room. He smiled and seemed to be having fun.

9 months old and my son seems to like riding a skateboard!!

I know itis way to early to tell but I think he might be a skateboarder!!!

I can't wait to take him to Stamford!!

Long Board John
BillyBonebrake
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:32 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
My 4 year old daughter was with me at Stamford Sat. AM. She looked around and hit the playground w/mommy.
auragreg
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 12:26 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Posts: 2382 Location: Highland, Michigan, USA, Earth
Long Board John wrote:

He is a monster at 97th percentile in height. He is a very happy little guy. He can crawl well. He pulls himself up and stands. Then while holding on he moves from object to object walking!! The girls could never do this at his age. His coridination seems to be advanced. He falls often but doesn't cry. He just pulls himself back and stands again.

this is EXACTLY like my boy who is the same age, 9 months, 90 percentile height ... I actually have video of him watching a skate video. He LOVES skate videos. He has one of those little skateboards that he plays with. I pushed him (sitting) around on my board a little. I can tell he's gonna be fun!

Support skateboard art/artists: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BurbSkateboards

Page 1 of 1