SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  SCREEN PRINTING  »  PICS OF CURVED SCREEN
Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

PICS OF CURVED SCREEN

infamouscody
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:15 pm Reply with quote
here are some pics i found of the first curved screen i made using the TOP method.

and below is a test print ( THE WHITE STRIPE) thats the only pic i have showing tip to tail printing. thanks and let me know if you have any questions.. ALSO, I PUT CARDBOARD AROUND THE FRAME TO MAKE A LIP SO THE INK DOESNT RUN OFF. = INSTEAD OF A TOP WOOD FRAME. WORKS GREAT, i will put new pics and decks that ive printed soon. thanks

Last edited by infamouscody on Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
infamouscody
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:16 pm Reply with quote
damn, i hate when i do that,

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
newrepublicsteve
Posted: Thu Jul 26, 2007 6:00 pm Reply with quote
these look really good and once I get some more space in the shop I am going to try and make a few...

you could easily extend the side boards down to about 1" so they would fit easily inside of hinge clamps....

so many possibilities and it looks like stretching the mesh down quite a way made it a lot easier to fasten it
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
infamouscody
Posted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 8:08 am Reply with quote
well this is the first one i made, i have 4, but what i do now is i nail a small 1" board on the back of the frame to stick in the hinge clamps. hard to explain but i will take new pics soon. thanks
Herosk8
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:50 pm Reply with quote
got a couple questions cody,

is that a 2x6 or 2x4 for the sides. also what are the measurements on this thing. total length(measurement 1)? length on the top from slant to slant(measurement 2) and the measurement on the end(measurement 3) is 14" wide x 36" long correct from your other post? I wanna try to build one of these this weekend.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
infamouscody
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:24 pm Reply with quote
yea, its 36" long, 14" wide. its cut from a 2x6. for the slant, i just traced the slant of a deck. just when you stretch it, dont stretch it too tite cuz i did that on my first one and i couldnt get the squeegee to bend to the edges.
Herosk8
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:14 pm Reply with quote
thanks bro
Dan
Posted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:49 am Reply with quote
Yeeh on the beggining I print on that curved too. Its hard pice of bread.
censoredskateboards
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:03 am Reply with quote
what kind of ink did you use to print on a black deck? i know it's hard to get a good white print on a black item, but yours came out really nice.
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:43 pm Reply with quote
In case people missed out, there is a group on Yahoo that has been sorta inactive for a while, but there are files on there and a few posts for references if anyone wants to just browse and kill time. The infamous Donald20 template is even there for download.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/BoardCrafters/

Page 1 of 3    Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next