SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  STREET  »  Gasp! (went s*****g today)
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Gasp! (went s*****g today)

jpc675
Posted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:13 pm Reply with quote
For real.

Even pulled a mini, mini, mini Smithgrind ontop of this concrete ditch. I will soon provide photos....

Anyways, got to the top, lost momentum and bailed.

Is it a Smithgrind if the rail doesn't hit the coping? Then its just a stall huh?

But Tommy, I thought you said I'm alright Spider
_________
Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 1:59 am Reply with quote
Joined: 13 Sep 2005 Posts: 11580 Location: Cloud cuckoo land
A Smithstall is when you ollie up (maybe) a curb and the board doesn�t move. If you ollie up and start to grind, it�s always a smithgrind. It doesn�t matter if you "lock" the board or (what is much harder) just balance with the rear truck.

Smiths and other stalls on a curb are my warm up tricks every time i skate.
Start with stalls, then blunts etc., do them on curbs or stairs, it�s so much fun.
The higher the curb or whatever build from concrete, the better, ollie up and get
that "bang" sound when you hit it with the truck.

My smith grinds are pretty worse, not long and stylish as some kids can do them.
But with my big wheels and risers i always have to balance them, if i would "lock"
my board with the rail like kids do them, my board goes in a very steep angle.

I still prefer a fast slappy or ollie 50-50 grind to get the full "krrrrr" sound.

Posted: Sun May 06, 2007 8:15 am Reply with quote
I was amazed I even got up there...on the 3rd attempt.

My ass lacked health insurance for every year after college. I just didn't skate.

I couldn't chance getting hurt. An ambulance+a cast=bye-bye collection.

But I'm mini-back....I gotta tighten my trucks. I'll take some pics next time Im out and show you where I attempt to skate across the street from my apt. It's pretty cool....actually there is a flush 3 ft ledge.....that I have never ever seen anyone attempt to ollie (whatever) off of.......new school kids are totally different. Weird.

_________
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:51 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Good to hear you're skating again. I stopped skating for a couple of years to concentrate on partying...but now I find time for both.
bondiboy66
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 7:35 pm Reply with quote
Between work, child wrangling, household crap etc. I consider myself fucking lucky to go skating at any time....so I can dig and relate.

Good to hear you are getting out there in some way shape or form!

Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Rock on, jpc675 �fuck shit up!

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Dude, fucking fuel pump went. Skated across Buffalo to the bad part of town (about 3 miles) to pick up my car. Fun shit, love little hills in the street and carving it up for a minute.

Been out a few more times. Little rusty still. For transportation, speed and basic riding, I never lost it. Ollies and such, again still rusty. I can pull them off but the shit was always harder than it looks. Basically, I just like the barebones (no pun) skate.

I'll tell ya, I have learned about decks from this site. Skating a Hill Powell Reissue and it's 14.5. I am goofy foot and when I skate, my feet are almost in between the upturn of the nose and tail....didn't used to do that, but when I lean forward slightly or place my front foot slightly on the upturn of the nose, the back end endos and I feel like I am going to bust my ass.

The Goo Goo Dolls own a studio across the street and ever since they bought it, fucking cars have been parked by the embankment.

Fuckers.

Thanks for the shout Slob.

_________
Posted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:02 am Reply with quote
Joined: 13 Sep 2005 Posts: 11580 Location: Cloud cuckoo land
jpc675 wrote:

I'll tell ya, I have learned about decks from this site. Skating a Hill Powell Reissue and it's 14.5. I am goofy foot and when I skate, my feet are almost in between the upturn of the nose and tail....didn't used to do that, but when I lean forward slightly or place my front foot slightly on the upturn of the nose, the back end endos and I feel like I am going to bust my ass.

Try a 15",16" wb deck, with a shorter kicknose. You have more space for your feet, with a short nose the back doesn�t come off so quick and a a longer wheelbase makes the ride more stable. If i remember right, you can move the truck at least �" forward on the hill reissue and it�s still planar to mount the truck. You might give it a try, before you setup the next deck.

Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 09 Mar 2007 Posts: 229 Location: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
i didn't skate for 15 years and wanted to get back into shape. they built this concrete bowl down the street from me so i said fuck it and got some new armor and a new setup. i got a corey obrien ashes to ashes and it fucking rocks. smooth ride. i finally after 2 visits to the bowl worked up the nuts to drop in on it. it looked scary but was no big deal at all. i suck, but have fun. make it out about once a month. keep at it.
jpc675
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:25 am Reply with quote
I almost just ate it.

Again, I like using my board to cruise around on...just went to the post office...on way back, fucking I either hit something greasy or my weight shifted, but I thrusted, fucking deck shot off like a rubberband to my right....Im just lucky I have enough balance to stay up but more importantly my board didn't ricochet into the 3 lanes with traffic thus the title Main St.

Love when black dudes ask me to do tricks too. I was like "dude, I have sandals on" the crowd was disappointed.

Going back again to mail out a deck. I love cruising it up....especially when you hit the newer pavement and your deck is now 10 less volume and so smoooooooth of a roll. I think I missed that the most.

_________

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next