SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  Is the word Propaganda registrered?
Page 1 of 1    

Is the word Propaganda registrered?

Sk8citizen
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:46 am Reply with quote
Hi,there is this guy in Greece.He runs his company for the second year now under the name propaganda.He has his decks and wheels with the same name.He registered the word propaganda..as far as i know.Also he registered the words:7 ply project because he made 2-3 events with ramps, music and ridicoulous skate art.Vans 7up and now red bull are his sponsors.

As i heard ,he made a prosecution to an old skater because he used the word 7ply to describe a skateboard in a website.Is this legal???Also,is the word propaganda registered worldwide in the skateboard industry???

Sorry for the bad english.Thank you.
Everide
Posted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Hey,

I doubt he would win if he went to court for the "7 ply" mix. It would be like Pepsi trying to copyright "soda".

If you are looking for copyright info in the states, go to http://www.uspto.gov and search "propaganda" under trademarks (check 'basic search/new user' when searching).

You can copyright almost anything, however, copyright does not mean that you legally have the right to those words. You can still be sued, and people can still infringe on your trademark in many cases.

hope this helps.

Page 1 of 1