SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  GROTON CLOSED
Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

GROTON CLOSED

gamby
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:22 pm Reply with quote
The best thing you guys could do is be grassroots about it. Meet with the Groton police, or just draft up a letter explaining your concerns. Maybe meet w/ them at the park. Call the local paper and have them take photos of you there w/ the police. Corny, yes--but it shows the town that their tax money didn't go to waste.

Hell, I'll help you out--I'm a "grownup" whose Fridays are usually pretty wide open. I'll come with you if you want. I'm sure there are other "grownups" here who would do the same.

Show that you're responsible citizens of Groton who value the park and regularly use it for its intended purpose. The idea is to show that you guys appreciate what the town has done by providing you with a (killer) park, and you want to represent yourselves as responsible users of it. The town (and the police) need to know that there is a core of locals that respect the park and use it for its intended purpose--not to sit along the fence, smoke weed and litter.

Maybe it needs to be a case of applying for a free "pass" to the place. No pass, no skate. Give them a name and contact info and you get a pass--that might be too extreme though.

You have an incredible resource that was unthinkable to have when we were kids. To have it ruined by a bunch of disrespectful punkasses would be a shame. Sometimes you need to fight for what is yours.

Maybe I'm crazy. I'd love to hear BillyBB's opinion on this.
thugfrm87
Posted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:46 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
At the local park some idiot used to crap on the roll in once a week, don't know what happend but I think someone regulated that.Have to put in some recon at night or whatever, show em skaters don't mess around.
DTAskater
Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:13 am Reply with quote
Joined: 31 Oct 2006 Posts: 821 Location: Groton, Connecticutz, U.S.A.
thats not a bad idea, gamby. i was talking with jeff paprocki a few weeks ago before it closed down about this. i gave him my number, and he said whenever there is a meeting about the park, he wants me there cause im one of the "younger guys" at the park that hang out with the older guys and the kids my age. so yeah, i am trying to do something about it. maybe i will have a meeting with the police, but for now, they're starting to let us have it open again.....little by little.

jraboin
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Is the park open?

Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 6:56 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
No. I talked with Sloppy Sam today and he's supposed to go down there and do some fixes but he hasn't made it yet ... trying to get Northampton done in the next few weeks.
gamby
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 6:18 pm Reply with quote
BillyBonebrake wrote:
No.

That SUCKS. The injustice of this is mind-blowing.

I can't even fathom taking a skatepark for granted to the degree of wrecking it. I can't process it.

Meanwhile, the good guys (the real locals) get screwed.
DTAskater
Posted: Sat Apr 14, 2007 7:08 pm Reply with quote
ya, its open again. there's gonna be a meeting at the park 6pm on wednesday. not sure if ill be there cause i might be working. i went today for a few hours and i havent seen it so packed.

just a note, if you're ever there....DONT litter. thats what got it closed. people littered and vandalized BADLY.

gamby
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 12:17 am Reply with quote
I'll be working on Wed, otherwise I'd be there to represent.

I hope some of the S&B elder (and junior) statesmen are able to make it to this meeting as a show of solidarity. Show 'em you appreciate your park!!!
DTAskater
Posted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 7:03 am Reply with quote
ill be trying to go, but i gotta work out my schedule...ill try as hard as i can.

Bill Ry
Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:13 pm Reply with quote
Hey Chad,
I got those roll ins down. Where the hell were you and Zach today? I was at Groton all day. I might be down this Sunday though.

Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next