SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Any shop owners here carry Nike SB?
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Any shop owners here carry Nike SB?

DomitianX
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 1:46 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
72ss454 wrote:
I went to the only shop around here that carries Nike SB. The owner told me that when approved they start sending you whatever they want you to have in various sizes and not a small quanity. If you sell them all or not, you still have to pay for them. No control what so ever.

Yeah, me and the local rep had a heart to heart about what Nike expects of you and its serious. The monthly minimums are pretty steep.

auragreg
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Posts: 2382 Location: Highland, Michigan, USA, Earth
72ss454 wrote:
I went to the only shop around here that carries Nike SB. The owner told me that when approved they start sending you whatever they want you to have in various sizes and not a small quanity. If you sell them all or not, you still have to pay for them. No control what so ever.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?!?

Forget them. I don't want ANYBODY telling me what to sell in MY shop.

That's crap.

It's companies like this that are putting these type of business practices in motion. And us shops are having to put up with it. And sooner or later everybody will do it because they know that we have don't have the power to say "wait a minute - this a business RELATIONSHIP ... not a DICTATORSHIP".

I give you something and support you, and you do the same for me. How is that unreasonable? Why do I keep getting the feeling that I have to kiss these companies asses in order to gettheir product in my door? Shouldnt it be the other way around?

So when Nike says they only sell SB's to the "core skate shop" ---"core" means I have to do whatever they say and smile?

I don't think so.

Support skateboard art/artists: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BurbSkateboards
72ss454
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 3:13 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I was checking this out because I was thinking about starting a shop. I was also trying to get my friend who owns the shop in town to carry something besides Vans. Not hating on Vans, but the kids would buy their Adio, ES, or whatever at a mall store and he was losing a sale. After the recon, decided that Nike is full of shit. I also decided to just help my friend out when he needed help or ideas. We all dream about opening a shop, but the reality of it is scary.
auragreg
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 5:07 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 31 Aug 2004 Posts: 2382 Location: Highland, Michigan, USA, Earth
yes - opening and keeping a shop open is scary.

And believe me, I would LOVE to get all the stuff that everyone would want. But the finances just dont work that way. And if I ever win the lottery, I'm gonna have the sweetest shop ever.

Support skateboard art/artists: http://www.etsy.com/shop/BurbSkateboards
brianzig
Posted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:18 pm Reply with quote
auragreg wrote:
yes - opening and keeping a shop open is scary.

And believe me, I would LOVE to get all the stuff that everyone would want. But the finances just dont work that way. And if I ever win the lottery, I'm gonna have the sweetest shop ever.

Amen to that! There were (and still are) many a night that I think "What the hell was I thinking?" But the reality is, I love it. There's no way I'd do anything different. Well, one thing...I wish I had started it sooner.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2