SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED:  »  Inclusiveness - letter to Thrasher editor
Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Inclusiveness - letter to Thrasher editor

slob-air
Posted: Sat May 19, 2007 12:40 am Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
You'll like this one better... Phelps .025 seconds before bolting away like sceered little school girl. Phelps, the uber pussy.

Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 10:43 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 05 Sep 2003 Posts: 760 Location: 3 Feet Below the Coping
slob-air wrote:
Sorry, with one caveat: a certain board company stressed to one magazine that if they showed pool riding or any non-streetskating stuff, they'd pull their ads from that magazine.

Oddly enough, said company has one of the top vert riders and an OG pool ripper on their brand. Weird.

Fuck Flip, good team though.

Mark Appleyard "street skater":

The quality of comics in Thrasher has never been better thanks to Sieben. The Skater Coach with Sheckler going into the olympics in a unitard was great too.

Luke
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:42 pm Reply with quote
I had the nerve to immediately close this page after reading the first paragraph of your letter. Thrasher - One of the worlds biggest/best skate mags, probably did the same thing. This letter, and post, was a waste of your time. You don�t know shit.

Christopher
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:37 pm Reply with quote
"You can subscribe to the ocean and get gross stuff, or subscribe to Big Brother and not get gross stuff"

Pretty much the greatest advertisement ever. Somebody scan that please. March 2003 I believe.
slob-air
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
Luke wrote:
Thrasher - One of the worlds biggest/best skate mags....

Formerely one of the best skate mags. It's a sad pale comparison of the greatness it acheived in its early years.

Posted: Mon Jun 18, 2007 5:25 am Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 434 Location: Newport, Australia
Yeah it's weird. Where I skate there is a rail down stairs and I rarely see it skated. I see more kids in the bowl than I do on the rail. BTW can someone tell me which wheel size and duro is best for railslides?

I think if we keep building good parks people will skate the stuff that is enjoyable to skate. The crap in the mags has little influence on the skating styles around my neighborhood. They need to wise up, their mags are bloody boring.

Posted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 7:45 pm Reply with quote
what wheel...railslide? That is sarcasm correct? I can't tell over the internet.

www.fine-co.com buy some shit!
hambo
Posted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 6:11 am Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Nov 2006 Posts: 434 Location: Newport, Australia
sorry for the slow response. Yes the duro/size comment was sarcastic.

Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:03 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
i know this was old and digging up the past.

but realistically, thrasher is good for the kids now. it is great as motivation and a tool for inspiration.

imagine some kid growing up on the east coast, ripping the pages out of his new thrasher and sticking them to his walls. laying on his bed mimicking backside airs, judos, and boneless ones. looking up at the "stars" on his walls wondering what it would be like to skate like or with tommy hawk, cabbie, phillips, or even mike mcgillicutty.
now, tell me, what kid wants to open up a thrasher and stick pages on his wall of us 35+, fat, old, farts doing our best kickturns, struggling to spark a grind without ending up with either hernias or hemorrhoids.
history, homage, versatility, or not. if i were that kid again, i certainly wouldn't. i would want to see the now shit. happens now, i'm in.

~nostalgia is the wave of the future~
Radam
Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:18 am Reply with quote
kirb-slider wrote:
what kid wants to open up a thrasher and stick pages on his wall of us 35+, fat, old, farts doing our best kickturns, struggling to spark a grind without ending up with either hernias or hemorrhoids..

I know that statement does not apply to you Kirb. At least the part about doing your best to scratch a grind. It does however apply to me.

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Thrasher post pics of us old turds, but hey, can they lose the open hostility towards the earlier generations? I cancelled my subscription 6 months ago. No worries. I don't need to pay to be heckeled, the local kids at the park do it for free.

Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next