SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  B.O.N.O.S.A.  »  Obsesive Compulsive People
Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Obsesive Compulsive People

never-too-old-to-skate
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 4:45 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 11 Jan 2007 Posts: 2527 Location: beyond the ether!
fuck, fuck, shit, fuck, cunt...
oh wait, that's tourette's.

Mint/NOS
Red Powell Peralta
Roundnose XT Tommy Guerrero
tiki
Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:38 pm Reply with quote
Sign Me up... Yep I am a Capricorn.

Motorhead - Capricorn Lyrics

A thousand nights, I've spent alone,
Solitaire, to the bone,
But I don't mind, I'm my own best friend,
From the beginning, to the end,

My life, my heart, black night, dark star, Capricorn

December's child, the only one,
What I do, is what I've done,
I realise, I get so cold,
When I was young I was already old,

I always knew, the only way,
Is never live, beyond today,
They proved me right,
They proved me wrong,
But they could never last this long,

nurse
Posted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:03 am Reply with quote
(According to the DSM IV, I don't actually qualify as OCD. There's some very specific criteria that need to be met, and I fall just under the wire. I like to think I'm just quirky )

mini-murf wrote:

(eg stony used the wrong 'to' in the last post
Nice catch

Last edited by nurse on Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total

Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:28 pm Reply with quote
I have OCD, and Tourettes. I'm Bi-polar, I have ADHD and I have severe depression. I'm on more medication than a cunning hypochondriac with great health insurance...

Besides that, my name is Fangs, I'm from Texas, it's fucking hot and well, I'm rockin' to Suicidal Tendencies right now. Ironic?

I hate the Tourettes most because I twitch so much that it begins to hurt so bad that I literally have to just lay in bed and apply my own body weight upon the offending twitching body part (99% of the time my right arm and shoulder, which SUCKS) and it gets so sore that I can't lift my own skateboard without it being a pain in the ass too.

Skating solves my problems, though, along with my medications. I've been doing really well in the past 4 weeks, except I busted the bursa sack in my knee on a mini ramp and haven't really been skating for a month, agh!

I've been on so many meds over my 18 years, been to numerous doctors, hospitals, the ER once for spazms, had a seizure, attempted suicide and shit, it's all a bunch of shit. I hate it all but I could never list all of my OCD things... it would take forever. Yup.

Just call me Fangs, I mean, that's what everyone else calls me, it's just easier.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
never-too-old-to-skate
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:41 pm Reply with quote
Fuck Fangs, that's shit...

Welcome to SnB.

Mint/NOS
Red Powell Peralta
AlloySkull
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Thanks!

Haha, it's a bitch, but it's all good. I have a lot of fun around here with my friends. They're cool about it and if anyone ever gives me shit they've got my back. I just hate not being able to really practice... it pisses me off just pissing around.

I try not to dwell on bad things, so I have hobbies. Mainly skating, music, reading about serial killers on Wikipedia, drawing, working on skateboards and collecting things.

I'm not too great at skating but I have too much fun. Bonelesses are my addiction, I love 'em. I think they have more of an edge than ollies, and that damn tail scrape noise just kicks ya in the ass! I can almost do a 180 boneless handflip, but still working on getting the flipping motion and timing right. But since my knee had been busted up, yesterday was my first day back and I'm still taking it easy.

Yup, life's a bitch, but high school's over for me and damn it feels good. Summer will be great, but in Texas, 95-100 degrees blows. Last year we drained a pool and skated it for 3 months before someone bought the house, but damn it got up to 101 some days, and being covered in sweat and falling in algae dust and getting it all over you, damn that shit smells.

But good times, I miss last year, I miss Dektout skate shop. My home away from home. Spending the night there, parties, skating, bullshitting, working there too, doing whatever, hellraising, all in a good summer... and I hope this summer is just as good.

Just call me Fangs, I mean, that's what everyone else calls me, it's just easier.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
nurse
Posted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:05 pm Reply with quote
Good for you dude... Sounds like you've got some pretty good coping strategies in place and deal pretty well with the highs and lows of your situation, albeit tough at times .

There was a guy with Tourette's on the Subway line I used to ride. He'd get on, and invariably start screaming "Fuck" over and over again, and loud, real loud. You could tell he was fighting it, and embarrassed... often par for the course with Tourette's. Other people generally became frightened, moved away, and then got off that car at the next stop. I always sat near him.

Education is part of the problem, a big part. I don't think that people understand that you might wake up one morning with a type of cancer... as randomly as you might wake up with some form of mental illness, and yet the stigma is obviously very different. It's illness, that's it, the symptomology and clinical presentation is just different.

Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I do pretty good. But there's just those days. But no, we're born with it, you just don't show the symptoms until later on, usually in childhood. For me it was second grade, and elementary school sucked, it was the time where they were trying to figure it all out and get the right medications and all, it was definately the worst if you were to chart it all, but not to me inside.

-----NOTE-----

Here goes a long story, and I hope ya'll read it because it means a lot to me.

-----------------

August 2005 until mid March of this year it was a hell that I'd never seen. I don't want to go into details because I will get lost in stories but suicide and all that hardcore depression and lameness early on and then after that kind of chilled out a lil bit it was the Tourettes that was a bitch for the rest.

Winter '05 was when I discovered Dektout skate shop and all the great guys who hung out there regularly. I started going up there to get away from my fucked up home life and learn to skate better, and became really good friends with the owner and all of the gang, and very quickly became one of them.

We basically lived there, the owner is the coolest skater ever, Gerri. Although business for his shop is slow from all the hoes going to Fast Forward, it was still the thing that kept me from destroying myself. The guys supported me and even though I take my jolly damned time learning to skate, they didn't give a fuck and damn it was great.

I learned to skate ditches early on with my 37" Madrid Wiki Wiki longboard. (It had been run over, cracked and re-cut to it's original shape.) I had, and still use, these older Trackers with 71mm 78a Accel Creepers.

I remember the ditch is called The Tombstone, because there's pieces of headstones laying in the grass around the ditch. I had a beautiful fall, as I was learning to transition, I hit the up tranny and didn't pump and went smack forward on my chest into the face of the ditch, knocked the wind out of me but I couldn't help but laugh at it.

We'd go up there every rare time we could get a ride, it was fairly far, way too far to skate to. It was great and had a high part with mellow walls, and then at one end dropped down to a low part with slightly steeper walls, it's great. Now, it's filthy and muddy...

We would also skate behind the Randall's grocery store, where they have loading ramps and crates and shit, and piss around on there ledges. Of course, I couldn't do much. We even found a pole jam, and that got some killer pics!

The secret pool. A friend of one of the guys had moved out of her house, and the pool was filled with the sickest, black-green algae ever. At the time, I wasn't a fully trusted member of the crew, but I was soon to be.

The day they were cleaning the pool, I was chillin' at the shop talking to the owner, Gerri, because it was damn hot that summer. I had no idea what was going on a few blocks away. The guys came back covered in algae and smelled like shit and god damn it was one of the worst smells ever. I was like, what the fuck happened to you guys? They claimed to be fishing, and fell in, but I love to fish and a group of guys falling in on accident ain't that easy.

I didn't buy it. Later on that day, they left again, except for my close friend Anthony, the owner's son, who stayed at the shop to help out. I asked him what was really going on, and he told me something that made me feel like a god. He said that they'd talked and concluded that they know me well enough to trust me with something that I couldn't tell anyone.

They were draining and cleaning a pool. I freaked out, I'd heard about pools, seen vids, dreamed. But never thought it'd be a reality. So the next day we went over about a five minute skate to a house and they had already drained it. So we finished cleaning it up with that girl's underwear that she had left at the house, haha. Algae all over those panties and damn that was funny.

Skating that shit was sick, great pool too. Flaws make it perfect. Dual loveseats, one on each side of the deep end, vert walls for each. it was a nice shape, classic pool shape, and it was ours! It took me a week to get used to pumping and all, but man, being in 101 degree sun, sweating and getting algae dust on you sucks, but it's worth it when you can skate such a sweet pool.

I finally cut the light a few times, and my avatar reflects a moment before. We used to skate to my high school and skate around up there in the summer, it was shady in the heat.

The public skate park is nice, and is where I reside most of the time nowadays. I have many, many friends up there and damn we have a good time, all the time. I know some sick ass skaters, and damn I just love practicing my stuff and then going for cruises around the area and making my bros catch up to my Sector Nine, riding on those same Trackers, but with Sector Nine 72mm 75a wheels... Mmmmmm... Speed.

But yeah, sorry if that was a little long...

never-too-old-to-skate
Posted: Wed May 09, 2007 8:45 pm Reply with quote
you used her panties!!!

Mint/NOS
Red Powell Peralta
AlloySkull
Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 10:37 am Reply with quote
Yeah and she had left them there when she moved, so free game I'd say. So the whole month or two we skated that pool there were panties around the yard! Good times, good times.

Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next