SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  HARDCORE PUNK & SKATE ROCK  »  is anyone obsessed with these bands as much as me???
Page 1 of 1    

is anyone obsessed with these bands as much as me???

stivason
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:34 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 31 Aug 2001 Posts: 3923 Location: Western Pennsylvania
The Smiths
The Cure

Im soo obsessed them, it's pathetic. Anyone here a fan of them?

Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2003 4:20 pm Reply with quote
I have a pretty good smiths collection, not as obsessed any more, but still a big fan. I was morrissey on his last tour a few months back and it was an incredible show. He played almost all of Viva Hate, it was epic.
Nappalm
Posted: Mon Apr 21, 2003 9:53 pm Reply with quote
How soon is now....best fucking song ever.

Other than that, Smiths make me wanna kill myself.

The Cure always one of my favorites...Just Like Heaven brings back so many skating memories.

Nap
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
oakland
Posted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 9:15 am Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Aug 2002 Posts: 1747 Location: Boulder, Colorado
Hey Stivason, if you dig the cure, check out the new record by Anberlin. You'll be pleasantly surprised I think.
TCBSK8
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 11:59 am Reply with quote
Joined: 23 May 2003 Posts: 1211 Location: Tupelo, Mississippi
Allright, I ain't gonna lie. The Cure F'ed me up hard, man.

Miss' ippy boy, born and bred, rode horses every day, killed deer and everything else that moved with my collection of shotguns from age 4 on, sang Hank Sr. and Jimmie Rodgers by heart from birth - and then came KissMeKissMeKissMe. I'd been skateboarding, reading Thrasher and getting turned on to punk for a few years, but I was still a redneck through and though. Halfpipes and horses, frontsides and firearms, Saddlebags and the Circle Jerks, Torn-up Vans and dirty Wranglers - that's what I's all about, son. Then I ran across it - Robert Smith's voice freaked me out so bad, man. The music was literally like nothing I'd ever imagined. From 87-90 I progressed/digressed into hairspray, floppy white tennis shoes and silk shirts. Yes, dammit, even some eyeliner from time to time. Hey - it got me in the skater girl's bedroom windows at night...(ah, childood!).

We started a band to sound like the Cure meets H�sker D� meets Dinosaur Jr. It sounded more like maltliquor and porkrind Shits, but it was fun.

Anyway, I owned damn near everything they ever put out, from 7"s to full-length Vinyls, (including the FIRST first album, pre-boysdontcry with the fridge, lamp and vaccum on the cover - 1st pressing), and in true Cure-song fashion one of the afore-mentioned skater girl's dads broke them with a fucking hammer while they were on loan to her. "Fag music" he called it. If he'd seen what theKidd and his lil gal were doing at 3am while he slept down the hall, not only would he stop calling it fag music, but he'd a broke my ass with the same hammer.

I still have a pretty cool collection of Cure shit if you wanna check it out sometime. Most of it was lost to crazy ex-girlfriends and the Decade of Drugs, (or as the rest of the world calls it: the 90's).
That's how it goes. I haven't even given much listen to anything past Mixed-Up.

P.S. I'm back to riding horses, killing things, collectin' firearms and singin' Hank Sr. now, but I'm wearing a "Head on the Door" shirt the whole time. Old age is fun...
No more eyeliner though.

stivason
Posted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 10:04 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 31 Aug 2001 Posts: 3923 Location: Western Pennsylvania
@TCBSK8 Kick ass story, I dont do the "the Cure Look" anymore either, But I might start again! Who's with me!!!

Posted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 10:42 am Reply with quote
Joined: 23 May 2003 Posts: 1211 Location: Tupelo, Mississippi
Have you seen this deck? How about the Dustin dollin "Boys Don't Cry" tribute? Both have passed thru my shop and I've been tempted to keep both of 'em for hangers.
norinraddss
Posted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 2:31 pm Reply with quote
hey tcbsk8, i'm from oxford. love the cure and smiths and am in a band with a tupelo boy who does too!! crazy man....
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger

Page 1 of 1