SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  BUSINESS, SHOPS & RETAILERS  »  Questions for shop owners???
Page 1 of 1    

Questions for shop owners???

CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 6:28 pm Reply with quote
This maybe a ? you guys/gals might not want to answer (Then people would know how much you make in profit), but what is the average cost that skateshops buy decks for? I know this is a vague ? because each manuafacturer may charge a different amount, but roughly how much does a skateboard distributor sell it to private skate shops???
When you do sell a deck, are you looking for a % (ex. 25% over cost) or it all depends on whats hot at the moment... Thanks in advance to anyone who responds to this question... Sincerly CH3NO2JAY aka Jason
bobcat
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 6:36 pm Reply with quote
decks are wholesale for just about a couple bucks less then most HONEST shops sell them for. I think it's pretty much inside knowledge and you are probably better off not knowing. Clothing and Shoes are where the big bucks are at.
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2003 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Reason I'm asking is because I'm getting a few boards made now (Until I teach myself to silk screen myself) and I'm not sure on what a fair price would be to sell them if anyone was interested. As of today, the design is a minimum of 8 colors and the board will be 100% made in the U.S.A, even the wood.
P.S. I know the money is in the clothes and shoes, but I can never get a direct answer (minus your post) when it comes to decks... Thanks for responding... CH3NO2JAY
Juarez
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 8:45 am Reply with quote
35.99 to 39.99 for name brand graphic decks, depending on who your shop is and who you are buying them from. I imagine companies like CCS get a volume discount though.

Others are less (Powell mini logo, decks that shops have made for themselves.)

Decks are the loss-leader of the skateshop world.
Five Points Skateboards
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 2:20 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Yeah, Decks are definitely not the way to make your money. $35.00. They make most of their money off of cloths and accessories. Kind of a shame, but it's getting too expensive for deck manufacturers to compete , especially with all this shitty Chinese wood coming over for cheap
boarderline
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2003 9:49 pm Reply with quote
boards are on sale now for as low as 26.00 from reputable places like deluxe. economy sucks and everyone is in a war to move decks before they become stale. shops have had to lower retail to 39.99-49.99 to compete. everyones broke and depressed with the war.

Page 1 of 1