SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  B.O.N.O.S.A.  »  This board is keeping me from getting work done!!!
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

This board is keeping me from getting work done!!!

jaydollah
Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:09 am Reply with quote
you bastards and your insane collection of amazing boards!
It's 2am on the east coast right now, and I was supposed to have this job
done this afternoon. Instead, I spent the afternoon:
a) scanning the "new wood" thread
b) scanning the search for this Tracker board that i had when i was a kid, and can't for the life of me remember whose board it was.
c) contemplating sketching the graphics of said-board to see if any of you guys know it.
d) took photos of two boards to post on here, but haven't yet
e)wasted time at 2am writing this stupid shit while watching south park and not working, as my girl sleeps soundly.

anyway, i love it. it's ruining my life! This is a lame project i'm working on anyway, so fuck it. The money's probably gonna go straight to some shit off of this website , so i may as well get it done.

The Green Monkey
Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:55 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
Welcome to the time-sucking machine.

Perhaps your Tracker deck is listed here:

http://tinyurl.com/og6hw

Posted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:05 am Reply with quote
thanks green monkey. I didn't even think to look there. This is the deck, except mine was blue if i remember correctly. Not as interesting as i remembered it being
http://www.artofskateboarding.com/Pg/....asp?prod_id=7583
lloyd.park
Posted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:18 am Reply with quote
Joined: 25 Jan 2005 Posts: 9700 Location: san jose, california
dont let your expectations ruin your nostalgia.

it is what it was. let it me.

remember it fondly.

ask the doctor
Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:14 pm Reply with quote
skateboard buying is just gods way of saying, you make too much money.
jaydollah
Posted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:18 pm Reply with quote
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
then he is a just god!
SkaterBonds
Posted: Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:23 pm Reply with quote
You know, I was just talking to Mr.Park about that same thing.

When I see a deck on a screen and if I get it, when I see the box, I throw all expectations and calculations of what I thought it was going to be and I let the board tell me what it is. Nine times out of Ten, I'm much happier with the deck in person, even if it has a few little imperfections.

I have also decided that skateboard collectors are rediculous. That is not necessarily a good or a bad thing, but it can be both.
9niner
Posted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:12 pm Reply with quote
SkaterBonds wrote:

I have also decided that skateboard collectors are rediculous. That is not necessarily a good or a bad thing, but it can be both.

That's how I justify my addiction!
tiki
Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:11 pm Reply with quote
SkaterBonds wrote:

Ummm, I disagree,

We are historians, who are saving a part of culture that needs to be saved for our children's children. I would be aghast if a child of mine said why is AWA on the bottom of that wood thing.

No we are doing a job that is important. You can call it a calling, if you like.

Everytime we sacrafice our hard earned cash to buy (may I out and out say - PROTECT from future harm) an icon (be it deck, trucks, wheels, or stickers) we keep the spirit of our culture alive. Someone has to do it. I am proud that I work my tail off buying, when I can, every deck that I may not need, but must protect from the various storage marks. and I roll my eyes at anyone who does not understand my desire to spend every dollar that comes my way, on a skateboard.

Rediculous? Define that!
jaydollah
Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:32 pm Reply with quote
tiki wrote:
SkaterBonds wrote:

Ummm, I disagree,

We are historians, who are saving a part of culture that needs to be saved for our children's children. I would be aghast if a child of mine said why is AWA on the bottom of that wood thing.

No we are doing a job that is important. You can call it a calling, if you like.

Everytime we sacrafice our hard earned cash to buy (may I out and out say - PROTECT from future harm) an icon (be it deck, trucks, wheels, or stickers) we keep the spirit of our culture alive. Someone has to do it. I am proud that I work my tail off buying, when I can, every deck that I may not need, but must protect from the various storage marks. and I roll my eyes at anyone who does not understand my desire to spend every dollar that comes my way, on a skateboard.

Rediculous? Define that!

I agree. what makes it different than collecting, say, a Basquiat painting? Seriously, these are works of art and they're only not valued as such because they're mass-produced. However now that i think about it, an argument could be made that the value could increase based solely on the fact that so many of them get completely destroyed. One thing I've learned from being an artist (and learned also from collecting) is that it's the number that's put out. But would it not be possible for the value to be inherently "upped" based on the inevitible destruction of most of the pieces?
Bottom line is that people collect art, nearly everyone hangs art on their walls and i don't see how this is different.
Is it any more ridiculous than the thousands i've spent on tattoos? Probably less! haha

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next