SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  HELP! Madrid Mike Smith Model (maybe)
Page 1 of 1    

HELP! Madrid Mike Smith Model (maybe)

KJam
Posted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 11:28 pm Reply with quote
I have a Mike Smith Model Madrid (approx. 1979-82'ish) stick that is 10 1/2 by 27 1/2. It is in bad shape. I mean it is beat but not weather beaten. I could just make out the letters "Mike Sm*&% M#%$^@" lettering and the letters "Ma&)@". I took a guess that it is a Mike Smith Model. The graphic at the nose of the board is a trapizoid shape made from blue and red lines running from wheelwell to wheelwell. With 4 silver dollar white circles almost centered on each bolt hole for the trucks. The rest of the graphics from about ll inches down are wiped out. No graphics or griptape is left on the top. I know it is not a Liberty or a M-TECH deck but almost the same exact shape and have done many web searches without much luck. Any help would be great. I might have his first pro model on my hands but do not know for sure. This one really has me stumped so I am turning to the experts!
bacon
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2003 11:12 am Reply with quote
Must be his first on madrid from 81.
Loved that deck!
ukoldschool
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 6:04 pm Reply with quote
I thought that deck was a bit later - I have it in a coupla mags from 83. It came in 2 sizes - 10.5x29, and 10.75x30.5. An interview with Mike I have says that the smaller one was 6 ply (true? dunno?)

Graphic sounds about right, sort of trapezdoidal shape running from the nose out wider towards the rear truck but stops way before. ends in a slash with madrid written underneath. on the right hand side of the graphi shhhould be 3 boxes cut out from the graphic saying 'mike', 'smith', & 'concave' respectively. And yes I think this was his first pro model.

Dont remember anything about the round shapes tho.

J.
TEAM_PING_AMORONE
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:04 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Jan 2002 Posts: 8345 Location: in front of a computer
Mad_Marco just sent me a pic of this deck....he had no idea we were discussing it here. haha It will be on AoS soon (tommorrow?). It is an odd one.

A.
KJam
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 9:39 pm Reply with quote
I knew if I posted here the experts would come through. I hope it is the deck I am looking for and WILL check into AOS ASAP! UKOLDSCHOOL, do you have the ability to scan the pic you have and send it to me? It would be the first (and only) pic I have ever seen of it. Thanks guys! I will decide if I am going to restore it or leave it as is on seeing the graphics. Best of the best of the best, Sir! With honors.....
TEAM_PING_AMORONE
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2003 10:15 pm Reply with quote
it's on AoS.

A.
KJam
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:28 am Reply with quote
That is it! Absolutely outstanding Team-Ping! The only difference is my board is white. But the graphics are the same red and blue. You just earned a $10 paypal donation for your website! I knew I came to the right place. That graphic is a strange one for sure. I can't figure out what it is. I got the deck for $15.00 so I think I did OK. I might try a restoration on it. Is there anyway I could get a pic of the top of it? This is the end of about 3 months of searching and I am very happy to see a near perfect example on AOS. Thanks to others who responded. You guys are truly the best.
Moloko-plus
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 11:35 am Reply with quote
Drop me a mail and I�ll try to hook you up with a pic of the top in the next days.
Marco
TEAM_PING_AMORONE
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Thank Marco if anyone....he is the one who sent the pic....didn't even know we were all looking for it. =)

A.
KJam
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2003 3:03 pm Reply with quote
Thank you Marco many times over. I will drop you an email and get those pics of the top. Talk to you soon. Team-Ping, your site is 10 bucks richer via PayPal as of this morning. Thanks for hooking me up guys. KJam

Page 1 of 1