SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  wheel choice
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

wheel choice

Slim
Posted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:40 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 06 Sep 2003 Posts: 2954 Location: pedro point, nor cal
Unless your local shop is awesome (like Purple Skunk in San Francisco) I doubt you'll find much in the way of longboard wheels. The sector 9 are about all most regular skate/surf shops have in stock. The sector 9 godess of speed wheels are supposed to be pretty good though.

The 3DM wheels are great. The 75mm Avilas in like 75a will roll over anything in their path and I think you'll find they stick like glue. I dig them.

Abec 11 has great urethane and a huge selection. But i'm boycotting them because I'm sick of the behavior of the company czar. So...if you'd like to try a used set of flashbacks in 78a, drop me a line. I have only found three of them so far but the fourth one is around here somewhere and I don't want anymore abec 11 products in my house. They're a good all around cruising and downhill wheel with great grip.

No one has mentioned Manx - from pocket pistols. That's what I use on my downhill pintail and on my slalom deck. I have 78a and 80s in 69mm. Are they better than the 3dm or abec 11? I don't know and I don't care. All I know is that I feel a lot better about giving my money to the owner of pocket pistols (chicken deck) than the goofballs running those other two companies. YMMV.

Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:09 am Reply with quote
Satori makes good thanes for cheap

VW surfin on ebay has Cambria copy's and they are really nice

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2