SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  Bushings
Page 1 of 1    

Bushings

gulfster
Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 26 Jul 2006 Posts: 2 Location: Boston MA(summer) /St. Petersburg FL
this is my first time on this forum but ive been on the gravity skate forum for a bit, and someone told me i should go and join this one as well. First i was wanting to ask if anyone out there could give me a recomendation of bushings. I have a gravity LB33 thats my main board right now, i got it from gravity with the standard tracker 149s which i love but the bushings have already cracked(hour glass trackers) and i need to pick up some new ones, michael bream ceo of gravity told me to go with either Khiros or Tracker Super balls. i want something that has that nice surfy feel that the hour glasses have but support my weight a little better (180lb 6'1"). So i was think about getting a pair of the medium tracker superballs. someone let me know what they think. I also dont really want to have to mess around with the kingpin or add any washers or cups or anything like that.

also i was wondering about the shipping at strangehouse.net -do i get free shipping now that im a part of this forum????
macsdaddy
Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:21 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Mile high Mark seems to be a bushings expert. PM him: MileHighSkates

atxJIMatx
Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:26 pm Reply with quote
superballs are garbage. seriously, they are some of the very worst bushings out there...
Check out some Bones Hardcores in soft or medium; or some Khiro Bushings in Blue.

I have never seen the Hourglasses crack before... are you riding them pretty tight?
gulfster
Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:52 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 26 Jul 2006 Posts: 2 Location: Boston MA(summer) /St. Petersburg FL
i was riding them as tight as possible becuase i had a gravity diamond tail before they realized that they needed the higher risers to keep the deck from getting horrible wheel bite, i destroyed a set of wheels and would get tossed right from the board anytime i turned or carved, it was bad even with the trucks as tight as i could get them so they cracked the bushings which makes me hate the dtail even more....i wiegh 180 so it iwasnt because i was a 300lb guy trying to ride a deck made for a 160lb guy
atxJIMatx
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:53 am Reply with quote
it's always better to add some risers or run some stiffer bushings...
..tight trucks are bad, mmmkay ???

Page 1 of 1