SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  whish there were more 8ply decks out there.
Page 1 of 1    

whish there were more 8ply decks out there.

blister_pop
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 9:29 pm Reply with quote
whish there were more 8ply decks out there. Also would like to see more with formica. opinions?

Blister_pop

Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:00 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Yes and yes for ditch cruisers, but 8 is too hefty for my 160 lbs for most anything else.

More superlight 6+formica for me.
MileHighSkates
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:01 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 28 Apr 2004 Posts: 2708 Location: Boulder County, CO
I have some composite-and-wood decks coming from Earthwing in Brooklyn that should be pretty interesting.
PlayGod
Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I've been interested to see those. Looks like SMA blackbird or PoolKing composite weave stuff. Do they still make the 8.25x34? It looks like they mislabeled some dimensions on their latest graphic.

But I can't afford to buy anything right now, so I'll just have to hear about it thru the grapevine.
theshralpster
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:22 pm Reply with quote
beer city makes a mighty fine 8-ply. im riding the 8.25 8-ply lite right now and it is rock solid. great boards.
PlayGod
Posted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I don't know why I have not gone back and gotten another Beer City board.

I had a 8.5" Beer City when I first started back, my first deck when I started skating parks. But then I sold it to somebody cheap because they needed a board and I was experimenting with other boards in the quiver by that time. My quiver keeps shrinking as I offload decks that I don't ride so much anymore.

I was checking their site out the other day and I remembered how simple and solid that deck was. Their wood, prices and service are great.

I'm really liking 8" popsicles now... they seem to offer the best feel for how I actually ride, so I will probably get another BC eventually.

Is their 8-ply lite about the same weight as their 7-ply? The 8.5" BC 7-ply I had was actually pretty burly.
blister_pop
Posted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:08 pm Reply with quote
The DP Beercity 9.5 was the strongest board ever. It's 6 years old and still solid and an had a awesome concave. I also have a formica round tail 8ply that I bought a year earlier for 20. It was at least 10wide and not a DP Also bought one off DP when he played here a few years before that. I got it for 25 and he was so trashed when he signed it I can't even make out his name. His studded leather jacket scratched it up when he signed it. He told me his model for Think was a piece of junk.......funny at the time.

Page 1 of 1