SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Worcester, MA Rants
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Worcester, MA Rants

maseru-man
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:54 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 Posts: 493 Location: Massachusetts - USA
I was hoping you NE guys would comment on my rants about Worcester in my other post here...

Anyway - here they are again - thoughts?

Overall - I had fun but I have a lot of rants about Worcester.

1. There is huge parking lot next to the skatepark....but there the parking lot is closed? What gives? A fine welcome to visitors!

2. What a dump...graffiti covered the whole place. The pictures on Concrete Disciples make the place look smackin brand new. I must be getting old. Here's how I see it - everyone hates skaters to begin with - they figure they are low lifes and losers - they're just itchin' for a reason to close a park and bull doze it - graffiti only makes it easier for them to make their case. And one more rant against graffiti - it really makes it a little harder to judge the transitions - especially in a pool like the one at Wocester with so much round wall.

3. What is with the 3/4 finished street section? Would it have killed them to add tranny on the 4th wall?

4. Fall number one when I ignorantly assumed you can skate directly from the shallow end to to deep end! Thanks for the hipper. Who's idea was the unskateable drop???

I will go back though. The pool was a lot of fun - intimidating for sure. I'd love to watch you other NE guys skate it to learn some good lines.

Its a lot of fun just carving though. But I couldn't figure out how to carve front side into the deep end (I'm goofy). Carving in backside was fun, especially dropping in from that little roll in hip thing.
jkelly
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:35 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 11 Aug 2003 Posts: 7129 Location: Wild in the streets
unfortunetly look where the park is..Its right up the street from the shit ass ghetto..You got kids with chopped pieced out bikes fucking around up there..Im mean really its not surprising...I dont know what they were thinking about the design but its a pretty fun place and always cool with a breeze up on that hill...

Jay

[quote="tioem"]The closest some guys get to pussy is being one.
I'm not talking about any of you queers. [/quote]
jkelly
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 11 Aug 2003 Posts: 7129 Location: Wild in the streets
yeah we pretty much never skate the street area.. You should see a couple of the guys that skate for me tear that place up..crazy...Ive been dying to get up there and skate lately...

Jay

[quote="tioem"]The closest some guys get to pussy is being one.
I'm not talking about any of you queers. [/quote]
BillyBonebrake
Posted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:36 am Reply with quote
I like that park, but the waterfall into the deep is best avoided unless you're REALLY quick on your feet. My personal experience is airborne body slam into the opposing wall. Exilerating, really. Keeps you humble.
jraboin
Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:36 pm Reply with quote
Sam had no say in the design and was required to build it too print exactly.

Posted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 20 Feb 2005 Posts: 493 Location: Massachusetts - USA
BillyBonebrake wrote:
My personal experience is airborne body slam into the opposing wall. Exilerating, really. Keeps you humble.

That is EXACTLY what happened to me - nice bruises on my shoulder to prove it!

jraboin wrote:
Sam had no say in the design and was required to build it too print exactly.

Sam who?
BillyBonebrake
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:06 pm Reply with quote
Sam Batterson, Breaking Ground Skateparks. He did a lot of the work there, under protest.
grotonskater
Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:13 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 25 Sep 2006 Posts: 643 Location: in your wives/daughters' room...
bowl is wierd as hell. like said, that waterfall is more like a step-up than a rollin. about the graffiti, i dont think it really matters, and in some cases the graf makes it easier to judge transition, for me at least. that street course is zany as hell, definately made for bikers. i dont think they put tranny on that fourth wall because it would interfere with that double kink hubba that, coincidentally, noone uses anyway. i think the most fun thing there is that ridiculously tight 3 ft quarter in the street course with the angle iron on it. anyone know what im talking about?

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:59 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
BillyBonebrake wrote:
I like that park, but the waterfall into the deep is best avoided unless you're REALLY quick on your feet. My personal experience is airborne body slam into the opposing wall. Exilerating, really. Keeps you humble.

The more I read your posts, the more I realise I have to skate with you sometime.

Posted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:13 pm Reply with quote
slob-air wrote:
BillyBonebrake wrote:

The more I read your posts, the more I realise I have to skate with you sometime.

Yeah you just wanna see me in pain, slob.

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next