SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Wood or concrete mini pipe in my back yard?
Page 1 of 1    

Wood or concrete mini pipe in my back yard?

Johnny Diablo
Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Looking at some halfpipe ramp plans I found using google. A halfpipe uses about $500 bucks worth of wood. The thought came to mind to just dig out an area and make it out of $500 bucks worth of concrete.

Anyone make a concrete halfpipe? Pros Cons?
letsgoskatepool
Posted: Thu May 25, 2006 3:49 pm Reply with quote
personally, i love a crete mini. allows for easy bowl expansion and it is something different. the cons are: its a lot more permanent, which could suck due to regulations, moving, lawsuit, etc. Also, although it is faster which is it also hurts more than wood. People try crazy shit on minis and the danger factor is much higher with concrete. much easier to crack a skull etc. one more thing, if you mess up, its a lot harder to get a mulligan. go for it if you want, but just be careful
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
tiki
Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 10:34 pm Reply with quote
As I am moving to Alabama, wood is the only way. Damn ground freezes and pops cement ponds / cracks, etc..

Fuck, If I was staying in SoCali. I know what I would be doing (that is if I had a back yard... Dig bro... Dig a nice mini bowl and pour that crete.

Here is what my home town cats did:

http://www.sanpedroskateparkassociation.org/
gamby
Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:02 pm Reply with quote
How prone are you to slamming hard???

I go down like a ton of bricks, so concret is a little more menacing to me than wood.
mikebu
Posted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:42 pm Reply with quote
Depending on the size and quality of construction $500 seems to me to be on the very low side of costs...
T.B.S.Baz
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 3:36 am Reply with quote
Joined: 16 Jun 2006 Posts: 75 Location: Fairymeadow,Australia
concrete transitions. this is an idea that I have had for a while but havent yet put into practice.It might be something to think about.see if you can get your hands on any concrete full pipe sections.Local councils or concrete casting yards occasionally have left overs or spares laying around.cut it at 12,3,6and 9o'clock or 5 or 6 equal portions depending on how steep you want the ramp.Place the sections in position for your trannies then its just pour flatbottom and platforms including coping. all horozontal no pushing wet cement uphill.Let me know what you think.

Page 1 of 1