SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Check out this Park being built in Winnipeg
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Check out this Park being built in Winnipeg

Mute Skateboards
Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:51 pm Reply with quote
This 40,000 square foot park is being built in Winnipeg. The grand opening will be June 30th. Built by Newline Skateparks

here is the link

http://www.winnipegskateparks.com/ind...=16&Itemid=48
bfg1971
Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:00 pm Reply with quote
Wow, that's gonna be sick!
JEC_31
Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 2:41 pm Reply with quote
The golden era of uber-parks is just beginning. In the escalating race to build the most awesome mind-blowing park ever, eventually they will eclipse entire cities in grandiose juggernauts of sculpted concrete shaped into unreal forms.

But this too shall pass... and someday youngsters will play amongst the abandoned derelict ruins of the fallen parks, not knowing the mistakes their elders made...

Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 4:13 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63453 Location: S&B HQ
They should have made the "plaza" a bit smaller and put in a banked slalom run and a snake run. That'd rock!!

Don't think I'll ever skate that one... short summer with murderous mosquitos and black flys so big you have to kill them with a baseball bat.

Posted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:35 pm Reply with quote
looks fun, but the bowl is going to get annoying becuase it is so big so either you will have 'organized' one person at a time or you will have to weave in and out of other skaters. parents dont like it when you pummel their kids, but its even worse when you hit a bro and they end up with a serious injury (see opening of the Arlington, VA skatepark for more information...)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
sk8hockey
Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:21 am Reply with quote
Joined: 17 Oct 2002 Posts: 1120 Location: skatepark capital of the world
Bein' an Oregonian, you learn to skate those 1-2 person bowl configs.
Sure, there are some HUGE slams but for the most part you gotta be pretty wise to skate in something like that anyway.
Looks sweet and that cradle looks giant. Like I'd get to 8:59 if I was lucky haha....
Mute Skateboards
Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 12:24 pm Reply with quote
slob-air wrote:

Don't think I'll ever skate that one... short summer with murderous mosquitos and black flys so big you have to kill them with a baseball bat.

Don't always believe what you hear. It always seems like people that have never been to Winnipeg are the first to slam it.

I lived in Alberta and the weather and mosquitos aren't much different. Don't knock something till you try it.

It's like saying everyone from calgary is a cowboy
retarded monkee
Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:07 am Reply with quote
your stoked. what's up with the clear in the half-circle? did they change it, or was that just for eye candy on paper?
Mute Skateboards
Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 2:37 pm Reply with quote
retarded monkee wrote:
your stoked. what's up with the clear in the half-circle? did they change it, or was that just for eye candy on paper?

They were planning on making the top half of the cradle see through. I think they were hoping to get it made out of some kind of acrylic but it turned out to be too dificult so they just went with cement.

See through would have been cool for taking photos but the cement would proberably hold up better.

I think there was a company in the 70's called Rad Ramps that made their ramps out of acrylic.
rodel
Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Have you had a chance to ride the park yet? I'll be heading home sometime this summer for sure, lets try and get a session going.

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next