SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  anyone dealt with watson laminates? How's their service?
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

anyone dealt with watson laminates? How's their service?

CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:38 pm Reply with quote
For Quality, I have no experience with Watson recently, but they emailed me back when I asked a TON of questions and all my ?'s were answered professionally and quick. Atleast they have great communication, but this was a while back though...
Adrian
Posted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Chriz74 wrote:
when did this 80% delamination occur? From what I can understand they are the bigger manufacturer out there and it seems their prices are a lot cheaper than others. Also if they were acquired by Tum Yeto they will do toy machine Foundation etc now... I don't think Tum Yeto likes getting 80% of his production to trash.

it was about a year and a half ago. I had 3 boxes of blanks. the finishing was terrible and they all(mostly) delaminated and or chipped really bad. once I realized they were coming back delamed I checked the rest out. you could put the board top down on the floor and step on the tail and easily pop the whole tail apart.
Chriz74
Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 2:45 am Reply with quote
I understand. What action did you take? Did they replace the defctive decks? Did you had more deals with them after this episode?

Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:55 am Reply with quote
no I just took it as lesson learned. It's always such a hassle returning stuff to distro's. plus kids didn't keep the busted decks for warranty.
at the time I was trying to do a small label of my own using blanks. after that, kids wouldn't buy my deck here so I decided not to make anymore decks until I could do them myself. which I now can.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2