SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED:  »  new 50/50 program
Page 1 of 1    

new 50/50 program

skategeezer
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:40 pm Reply with quote
please spread the word on this program

thanks
Michael

So, we're launching a new campaign here at CW....feel free to make your own bumper stickers...It's called the 50/50 program and it runs for 90 days...

Here's what we are suggesting:

You take 50% of the money you WERE going to spend on skateshoes and clothing and put it into buying SKATEBOARDS....in order to build your quiver.

Hopefully your shoes can last another 90 days...perhaps, if they are really bad you could buy duct tape or shoe goo..or check the discount bin at your favorite skate shop. As for clothes, Goodwill, TJ Max (and for the Canadians reading this, Winners)...or needle and thread.

Now, there are some people out there who will argue that this penalizes the skate shoe and clothing companies. Do you really think Quik or Billabong or Volcom are hurting right now? If each of these companies lost a tiny percentage of their revenues, over the next 3 months, would they suffer? C'mon be honest? Would the sky fall? No - it wouldn't.

I am not suggesting NOT to buy anything. I am merely suggesting that when you visit your local shop or go on line that you plunk down 50% of the money you were going to spend on softgoods and place it on hardgoods.

The shops will still make money, and your quiver will grow painlessly...

Of course, I know damn well that many of the folks reading blog already subscribe to this program...but I sincerely hope that they share this idea with others...for the price of one Volcom t-shirt and jeans you can almost get yourself a deck and wheels with bearings. Hold off on buying some sunglasses, and presto, you've got a set of trucks!

If you don't want to give up shoes and clothing, then you take 50% of the money you were going to spend on various vices (ie: booze, smokes, and other nefarious products) and mooch off your friends for 30 days...then take the savings and spend it on hardgoods.

Under this program, I am quite sure there are folks who could compile 5 completes within days!
thugfrm87
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:56 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I'm in!
Cappy
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 13 Sep 2005 Posts: 11580 Location: Cloud cuckoo land
Problem is, if i spend 100% at skateboarding hardware and 0% for the skateboard clothing - how do i spend 50% from 0?

Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:26 pm Reply with quote
good point...then you have to move to our next program

freedom 55...

you spend all your money on skate stuff, dvd's and travel...you accumulate a huge debt....and then at age 55, you bomb down a massive hill at 11:55 pm and ...collect from the insurance company
Cappy
Posted: Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 13 Sep 2005 Posts: 11580 Location: Cloud cuckoo land
skategeezer wrote:
programm freedom 55...

count me in!

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:25 pm Reply with quote
eh, i already spend about 75.82% of my money on skate stuff. is there a program for that that isnt the 55 program?
Buck Toff
Posted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 5:53 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I'm about to buy a complete speedboard and a new complete pool setup, so I guess I'm in now too.

Page 1 of 1