SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Indoors in a shadow
Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2

Indoors in a shadow

christmas
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:08 pm Reply with quote
I think I was like 22-23 the last time I was there that bowl was awesome, what do you think it was about as deep as the big bowl at Wilson? But less intimidating cause it�s wood? Then there was that 3 and a � ft. mini, that was a blast too. What do they have there now? Is it worth the drive for a transition guy? Yeah that's the same thing that I've heard about the pit too.
tyler 309
Posted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 9:08 pm Reply with quote
there's deffinatly not much for a strictly trasition skater. although, i dont skate much street at all, and i still had fun. after about an hour i was starting to get burnt out though.

there was a tru ride park about 10 minutes away in frankfurt i think. had a couple pretty fun mini ramps.

did either of you guys ever skate Airwaves in peoria? it was around early 90's.
ShackleMeNot
Posted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 5:39 am Reply with quote
I'd reccomend krush for transition. They've got a great 5 foot bowl. 185th and 80th avenue.

There are 5-6 tru ride parks in the area though. Frankfurt, Tinley, Munster, Romeoville, and Joliet has a 13 foot vert ramp at their park.

Posted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:57 pm Reply with quote
Is krush really as cramped together as it looks in the pictures? I live about 45 minutes away.

but my favorite park has to be skate lab in simi valley. i did my first carve in their pool. my first big indy on the enrmous roll in too. my first indoor skatepark.
ShackleMeNot
Posted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 6:03 am Reply with quote
The street area at krush is pretty busy, lot of shit to skate, hard to find lines. I stick to the bowl. If i'm paying to skate a park, i'm gonna skate the obstacles that I won't be able to find at any of the free parks. Why bother paying 10 bucks to skate a funbox or a pyramid when there's a handful of identicle obstacles at every free park within walking distance from the place.

Page 2 of 2    Goto page Previous  1, 2