SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  Banners
Page 1 of 1    

Banners

DavidKaz
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:32 pm Reply with quote
I am new to this forum this being my first post.
I have a small skateboard company out of Celebration, Florida and need help getting banners for my company. Most of the shops that have picked me up have asked me for banners to hang in their stores; but the cheapest I can find is like 40 dollars a banner, and I need like 25. Out of our price range at this point. I need the banners to look professional and be indoor and maybe 3 or so to be outdoor for outdoor skateparks that have asked. They would be 4 to 5 color graphics and I need them in the 8 to 12 dollar range. Does anybody have any suggestions..... is this even possible?
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to the forum...

The best bet is to post a similiar post in the Screenprinting section or Skateboard Art section. I'd say Wanted also, but people might give you a little hassle for posting the same post in 4 different sections. Def. put it in the Screenprinting section though, I'd love to find out the results myself...

Edit = I did a Google search for "banners silkscreen" and a shitload of stuff came up, maybe that's a option. I found alot of stores doing banners up to 36" by 36" and higher...
DavidKaz
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:15 pm Reply with quote
Thanks sorry about that.
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:40 pm Reply with quote
DavidKaz wrote:
Thanks sorry about that.

No need to be sorry at all Alot of people have been moody lately, just giving you a heads up. Good Luck on your label...
DomitianX
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:52 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I work at a wide format printer manufacturer and I might be able to help out. If you have the artwork ready to print, I can probably print some stuff up for you. PM me and we can go from there. I cant print 100 banners, but a couple here and there is cool.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DunnDiego
Posted: Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:06 pm Reply with quote
How big are you looking for? 8 to 12 dollar range is not too parctical for anything of quality. I get a wholsale price for quality vinyl banners at about $4-$5 a sq ft. So a 4' X 8' banner is going to run about $120.

This is digital printed which, I would imaging, is cheaper than silk-screen.

There's probably cheaper materials you could go for. Actually I might be able to do something as long as it's not going to be outside for too long.
The Green Monkey
Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 3:33 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
You could always try a homemade stencil, some canvas, and a box of grommets.

Posted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:08 pm Reply with quote
i suppose you could silkscreen the indoor banner's for pretty cheap, around $25, but you'd be lucky to find vinyl banners at that cost. Especially 4-5 color.

A WHILE BACK I GOT SOME OFF EBAY FOR ABOUT $45 WITH SHIPPING, 2-COLOR FOR A 2'X8'.

SO GO ON EBAY AND DO A BUNCH OF SEARCHES UNTILL YOU FIND IT. KEYWORDS LIKE; custom vinyl banner, vinyl banner, custom banner, etc etc.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
DavidKaz
Posted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 9:40 pm Reply with quote
I found some for cheap through one of my stores that carries my boards, and I just gave them free boards for a couple of banners.
Thanks everybody.
Drunk Engine
Posted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:27 pm Reply with quote
DavidKaz wrote:
I am new to this forum this being my first post.
I have a small skateboard company out of Celebration, Florida and need help getting banners for my company. Most of the shops that have picked me up have asked me for banners to hang in their stores; but the cheapest I can find is like 40 dollars a banner, and I need like 25. Out of our price range at this point. I need the banners to look professional and be indoor and maybe 3 or so to be outdoor for outdoor skateparks that have asked. They would be 4 to 5 color graphics and I need them in the 8 to 12 dollar range. Does anybody have any suggestions..... is this even possible?

Lower your color output requirement. If your a small potoes company you need to be realistic, although your logo or whatever may be nice in 4 colors you may want to reduce it to 2 colors and use halftones. You already have a free color by using the banners natural color, whether it's white or black then with two printed colors you can half tone them together as well as halftone the each color with the natural background of the banner so realistically you can achive a nice mixture of colors and shading using that method.

Page 1 of 1