SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  CANADIAN FULLPIPES (history wanted)
Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

CANADIAN FULLPIPES (history wanted)

slob-air
Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63458 Location: S&B HQ
I shot it. That's Tonezz riding.

Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 3:41 pm Reply with quote
So cool to see that shot. Thanks! I took the bus from Newmarket to skate that ramp with Lambert. He ripped for sure but died at a bush party some years ago. Campbell is a semi-feral surf rat on west coast from what I've heard. Mike MaCallum is still in KW. Looked him up last year and he passed info on Lambert. His hips won't let him skate anymore (not skating related) but he was his same old stoked self when we saw him. He had TONS of great skate photos (do you have more? send me a pm) of all the Ontario parks but as it happened he lent the negs to Campbell and they were never seen again. Off topic. So moving on.

On topic. All that Manic 5 shit is under water with millions of gallons of water coursing through it (Manic "Cinq" indeed) - but I'm sure there are still pipes out that way.

Funny story going round here of the QC crete maaster Eric Munier, he who put the butter on the Hoof for Barnum, managing to talk himself out of a bust a couple weeks back for skating steel pipes in a locked up yard explaining it was all in the way of business based research.

The Newmarket bowl was for sure 30' but virtually no vert and no flat bottom either, and the coping was so huge you could barely grind it with midtracks but who knew any better - we loved it! Brent Jordan's S8 home movies of him, Cotter and Szabo et al (Ottawa guys) tearing up the place is on DVD now so Youtube likely to follow of that.

Here's another shot of the 3/4 for now.

slob-air
Posted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:20 pm Reply with quote
Site Admin Joined: 27 Oct 2001 Posts: 63458 Location: S&B HQ
Got any pics of that 30ft bowl?

Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:31 pm Reply with quote
Not many pics exist of the park period, but we're working on it. Here's a look. Cambell is the yellow shirt dude. Lambert (Lammert?) is in the white flyaway. White flyaway with checkered shoes is Jam. Enzo is the midget in the background. he wasn't a midget just a ripping stoner like so many of the Toronto, Oshawa, Ottawa etc. skaters that tore that place up. Gibson, Howe, Lowe, Yap bros., Duncan, Folkes, Keppler, Dumbos Flying Circus (gerald, Randall, Birdman et al) and others I can't even recall right now...Anyway, note the super thin boards. They're Wee Willie Winkel graphite decks. Way ahead of their time.

Canadianguy
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:54 pm Reply with quote
There is two pics of paul gibson to....i thought id mention,doing invert and backside air.Nice post steve.

Louie
dhorne
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 5:19 am Reply with quote
Joined: 16 Oct 2006 Posts: 1266 Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada
Hey, that super-thin deck that Lammert is riding is leaning up against the wall in my furnace room right now! I bought it off him (along with a set of ACS Lite IIs) one night out at the ramp in that pic earlier in this thread. That's the one he said that he stole from the Winkels factory. Man, I remember his shoes, strangely enough ... he wore those until there was nothing left.

Enzo did the most amazing thing when we were there once. He got up on that railing around the pool and bomb-dropped off it right onto the wall. At that time, that was completely insane (it would be jaw-dropping now!)

(I just had to edit this) It looks like there are three guys with white flyaways. Mike Lammert has the yellow t-shirt with the sleeves cut off and Bad Co wrist guards, Gibson with the blue t-shirt on, and Jam with checkerboard shoes). These guys all seem to have the Winkels graphite boards, which, so the story goes, they got on a factory tour. (I was riding mine just last year ... at 10x30, it's too small for me now). They were always talking about riding for Winkels, but I don't know if that ever panned out.
skateight
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:17 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Insane terrain!
Moving to canada might not be that bad after all...
gimlifish
Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 10:58 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
skateight wrote:
Insane terrain!
Moving to canada might not be that bad after all...

It is after all only the greatest (and second largest) country in the world so put that in your pipe and smoke it (hopefully its BC bud), but don't pack the pipe if you live in the USA as they have a War On Drugs there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
PurpleShirt
Posted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:38 am Reply with quote
I'm not sure if it is there anymore, but crailtap.com had pictures of all kinds of pipes in Calgary (mostly small and wet).

Page 3 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3