SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  POOL, PARK, BANKS & PIPES  »  Need a pump in NH
Page 1 of 1    

Need a pump in NH

sk8gzr
Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:27 pm Reply with quote
The transitions are good, tight, but it has squared corners. "L" shaped with a 9ft deep end. 3 feet of vert under the diving board. Definitely not a carving pool.

I think the White Mountains area this pool is in is rich in opportunities this time of year for the adventurous soul. There are a ton of "out of business" motels with pools in various states. This one is on the site of a motel that has been recently torn down. The area is very open, not too far off the road. That is the down side. Once ski season starts it's game over.
AdultSwim
Posted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Hey gzr-

Have you skated Fat Matt's, just down the road from you? That's a super fun bowl.
I was borned in Hanover and was home visiting this summer and checked it out - now you have more than just the long drive to Rye.

Have fun with the pool hunt. Grind those steps, one at a time, from top to bottom.
sk8gzr
Posted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:18 pm Reply with quote
Not yet, I posted some pictures of that pool here during the summer, but I broke my arm and pretty much wrote of the summer. Thankfully it's indoors and I do intend to get over there. I hear the pool is empty most of the time. Any old schoolers there when you went?
AdultSwim
Posted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:11 am Reply with quote
Not "old" per se, but skating the bowl at least. A group of Newburyport locals came up the day I was there. I was stoked to see that the group was about six skaters, and that it was three dudes and three chicks. And the chicks ripped!
I'm sure that bowl will never be crazy crowded, but I always say the more the merrier. If you can't get a run because the ripping is so hard-core, it's still fun to be there. Skating all alone sucks.
And I seriously doubt there will be HUGE sessions in Canaan, NH. Kind of tucked away, you know?
The mini-ramp at Fat Matts is killer too, by the way. Small and easy to try stuff on.

Page 1 of 1