SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  GENERAL DISCUSSION FORUM  »  Restoring old decks
Page 1 of 1    

Restoring old decks

uni
Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 1:05 am Reply with quote
Joined: 29 Dec 2002 Posts: 57 Location: Melbourne Australia
Yo!
Just got hold of a Roskopp (1987 face) and a 1986 Natas. The Roskopp has a bit of de-lam, rail holes nose holes, worn tail scrapes and scratches whilst the Natas is in pretty good shape apart from some scuffs and rail/tail holes. I want to do them up and I know that a couple of sites give some tips on doing this but is it worth it?, is it impossible to match the colours? Basically I want to hang them on my wall when they are done as a reminder of the best time I had skating in the "80's", but is it taboo to mess around with someone elses art and how easy is it to stuff up? Can anyone do it for me that is more experienced/artistic or should I just wait for some in mint condition on e-bay?
Any advice, stories, triumphs, objections would be very much appreciated.

Cheers.
The Green Monkey
Posted: Mon Jan 06, 2003 3:25 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Joined: 15 Jun 2002 Posts: 14107 Location: Fucking a giant scorpion, duh.
Whether it's "worth it" or not is totally up to you, but as far as any sort of taboo, nobody is going to come along and haul you off to jail for it. Crap on them if you want, they're yours for whatever you want to do with them. Reselling them when you're through won't get you shit, but it sounds like you're just interested in keeping them anyway.
I'm an artistic moron of the highest magnitude, and I'm pretty happy with the one deck I've fully restored so far, so don't let any apprehension on that front stop you from trying.
Check out http://www.artofskateboarding.com 's restoration section for more help, especially Jedi D's how to article.

Page 1 of 1