SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  THE REVOLUTION WILL NOT BE TELEVISED:  »  Things are changing.... are things changing?
Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next

Things are changing.... are things changing?

Buck Toff
Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 8:14 pm Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
I thumbed through a Thrasher Mag today and was surprised at how much park and trannie and pool skating there was in the articles and pics. I hadn't seen so much since the early 90's. Hell, they even mentioned <gasp> BOMBING HILLS all day and how cool that was.

Is this the critical mass moment when all skating is game again?
theshralpster
Posted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:45 am Reply with quote
Yeah, i read thrasher only because it is skateboarding and my dad gets it at work for free. I read slap too for the same reason, but refuse to read transworld because it is all adds. But Thrasher seems to be getting pretty heavy into the pool/bowl/park type thing. The recent issue i think has an article about trujillo and possee going to europe and skating bowls. Slap also had an article about the Bannana farm ramp/bowl and a trip to Ronny Ripper's bowl in texas. And one of the two had a page on the CFan ditch. Its cool to see this type of stuff coming to the front instead of street skating. it should he interesting to see what happens.
zamdrang
Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:24 pm Reply with quote
Havent skated since '87....been checking it all out again...hitting the skatepark etc. One of the first things I did was naturally go pick up Thrasher and Transworld. I emailed Michael with a much more long winded version of this.....no need repeating what you guys said...but yuck.

Concrete Wave is right there, spread the word. Michael is putting out a great mag.

Its gotta come back, its too commercial and too same old same old, one thing skating has always done is reinvent itself.

At least I hope so......
kodywalker
Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:04 pm Reply with quote
i dont really mind the fact of skating a bowl. i aint good at it for one, but it would be nice to have more park rats. I like to skate street and dont plan on changing, but all the little kids getting hurt at spots and trying to sue because they are rich and spoiled punks i think would be better off trying to skate tranny. it sure would make street spots last longer.
-kody
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
vilms
Posted: Mon Dec 12, 2005 8:23 am Reply with quote
If it is the critical mass, let's hope it stays in touch with all apsects of the grind.
Interesting to read that Denike comment in the recent Juice... he said about how the parks were closing in '79 as no-one was skating and he said something about guys not turning up to skate the gnarly terrain, because they didn't want to look stupid. I think there's a lot more to tease from that thread... or at least to keep in mind. Personally, I *want* to see amazing pool and park skating in the magazines I buy, but I'm realistic about my ever being able to shred like that. I wonder if some kids will see that and think "damn, I'll never be that good". But then hordes of kids give up skating because they can't ollie, right?
oakland
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:52 pm Reply with quote
Joined: 07 Aug 2002 Posts: 1747 Location: Boulder, Colorado
People always give Thrasher shit about what they cover, but honestly they are the only magazine that has really made an effort to cover all forms of skating. They stay current with the street shit, but there's always some good pools/pipes/parks etc. I think most of the criticism is unfounded.

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Jake Phelps is a complete tool. Enough said.
Five Points Skateboards
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:11 pm Reply with quote
bfg1971 wrote:
Jake Phelps is a complete tool. Enough said.

Yet you still thrive to look just like him!?

HA!

WHAT?

HUH?

bfg1971
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Listen, I weigh at least three times as much as Jake Phelps and don't have his troll hair or dopey ass demeanor.

Five Points Skateboards
Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:11 pm Reply with quote
That might possibly be the weakest attept at a comeback I've ever witnessed! I think that certifies you as...

Page 1 of 2    Goto page 1, 2  Next