SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  MANUFACTURERS FORUM  »  Opinions on deck MFGs
Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Opinions on deck MFGs

Herosk8
Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:43 pm Reply with quote
[quote="ThrashCan"]deckprinting.com is the same company as skateboardprinting.comquote]

i dont know how you got that. they arent the same company. i did my research and called. maybe one the guys is the same, but thats it. but thats my .02 that im intitled too.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 8:58 pm Reply with quote
IF they are NOT the same company, I take 1/2 back of what I said above. www.skateboardprinting.com is the one that wasted my time...
ThrashCan
Posted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Right on the front page of deckprintings website there is an image of a "Termite" board who skateboardprinting does. Also the customer designs are the same.

There is also a FPS deck in that homepage image, kinda funny.

I'm not hating on them, they were pretty good, just had some minor issues with them and moved on lookin for somethin new.
CH3NO2JAY
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:00 am Reply with quote
I do know that www.skateboardprinting.com use to screen Termite decks, unless Termite has a few woodshops they work out of...
skinny
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 1:11 am Reply with quote
Wow,
I never checked the pricing before.
I thought I was expensive, but I am not that far off.
I can't belive they did a bds.
deckprinting.com I mean.
I am so glad I don't have to pay those prices.
DomitianX
Posted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:23 am Reply with quote
ORDER OF THE SKULL ORDER OF THE SKULL
Hey oasis, check into Service Board Supply. They do all the Sacrifice wood and a ton of other brands. Reasonable minimums and decent prices.

Never heard of Generator but ABC has been around for a long time. Jim Gray is a cool guy but like someone else said, I think they are geared more towards bigger runs.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
inkycaps
Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:18 am Reply with quote
Hi,

I have had experience with Generator/BBS. Nice guys, all of them.

On my first order of 50, i had about 13 delaminations. They took FOREVER to process my first order.

My second order of 50 were fine, except that they sent me only a 7.6 size( and yes when I placed my order I requested different sizes)

On my third order of 100, it seemed as though about 70% were good. The rest either snapped right away, or they made an awful creaking/squeal sound when the trucks were mounted...it sounded like it was about to snap.

I also had that "gut feeling" like I was getting inferior wood. The shape, concave, and finish were fine, but the wood looked haggard on some decks.

After one of my team riders demonstrated the creaking sound, and another rider snapped his deck like a twig doing a nollie heel on flat(deck is 10 min. old) on the SAME DAY, I decided to switch suppliers.

Also, I was charged per color, but I heard through others they only do heat transfers. wtf? Its important to note, that I know several other shops/board companies that go through BBS/Generator, and are happy with thier decks.

I now go through Prime Woods. Talk to David Ritchie...i think he is also on this forum. One batch of blanks I recieved (50) had a high number of delaminations, but all the other orders seemed fine. Wood looks real good, finish is excellent, and the concaves offered are good. Fast service too. I would recommend Prime for sure.

ABC, I havent dealt with directly, but I have had Scarecrow decks in the shop and they look good. They can take some abuse.

Hope this helps.
oasis
Posted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:30 pm Reply with quote
well shit. that actually doesn't help at all. my descision making that is. i was pulling for generator.

the inaccurate orders seam to be a communication issue, but that's bad news about the squeaky, weak decks. that's the same thing i've heard about Real decks- pretty nice but have been known to break within a week. hmmmmmm.... ptp.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
knockman1
Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:11 pm Reply with quote
David from Prime here - should change my user name at some point.

Inky Caps - thanks for the nod, though let me know if you have issues with any of our decks. We like to take care of any problem decks.

Speaking for Prime, we continue to manufacture decks as we always have. We have not started buying lower quality wood or glues, nor have we skimped on our finishing practice. All decks are made to order - never picked from stock... Contact me if you are interested - I do not want to use the boards as an advertisement... Thanks

www.primeskateboardsUSA.com

Looking for any Thing (from Marvel Comics - The Fantastic Four) items. No kidding.
skinny
Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 1:49 pm Reply with quote
David is very pleasant to deal with and they have always had an excellent product.

Page 2 of 3    Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next