SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index
SkullandBonesSkateboards.com Forum Index  »  DOWNHILL / SPEEDBOARDING / LONGBOARDS  »  Baku Trucks?
Page 1 of 1    

Baku Trucks?

theshralpster
Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:20 am Reply with quote
How are they on a longboard? How do they tighten/loosen and is the turn good without being twitchy or wobbly? im looking at the barfoot boards and would love to get just the board and slap some randalls and flashies on it but they only sell completes.

Slob, move it to the longboard section if you dont want it here. i just wanted to get more hits incase people dont regularly visit there.
ghostcavalry
Posted: Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:34 pm Reply with quote
TS~ I love Bakus, and have them on the Barfoot Peggy Oki (no longer produced) and it so is SO nice to carve. Perfect setup for me and my type of skating (What can I say, girly surfer-style and old school style is my thing) But anyway yes, the Baku trucks are fun to ride.

There is one site I've seen where they sell Bakus alone: longskate.com (i think it is) and the site owner's name is Rene...but I haven't bought from them recently...anyway check them out!

yeah, here they are:

http://www.longskate.com/

Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:34 am Reply with quote
the Barfoot boards are awesome . I was hooked up froma bro with mine and it didn't have the BAKU"S on it anymore. I have heard that they are super turny though , but at high speeds they start to wooble a bit and can't be ridin' fast. I put some indy 149's on my barfoot woody. I like them alot the wheels just stick out the side a bit , but not so much they get in my way. I put wedge risers and an extra riser under that , no wheel bite, but turns great. I ride the thing everywhere even just tto the store. I have had it on a few small hills , but not realy gotten it up to speed . The thing about the Barfoot board I have is it is shaped with a sag , so when you stand just in the middle front of the board it sags down alot. I weigh about 80Kgs(170lbs about) the sagging makes it feel real nice when it turns , like getting an edge on a snowboard sorta. Not sure as to how close it is to surfing( I haven't surfed). I rode all the other longboards at purple skunk and none compared to the Barfoot. I think if you have to buy the baku's on it and change them out . Then put the Baku trucks up for sale on NCDHSA.com.. But whatever you do get the barfoot...
LSB
theshralpster
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Heh, this is old. I set up a barfoot yater woody with carver cx and abec 11 flashbacks. the rocker and hte flex rule. i love mine. ill post some pics when i empty my camera.
leafsunbear
Posted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:39 pm Reply with quote
sorry i just found this part of skull&bones..... When I figure out how to post up pics I will post up some of mine too.
LSB

Page 1 of 1